The Acting Head Teacher and Governors of Pontprennau Primary School are seeking to appointment a
Key Stage 2 Lead (TLR 2) to join the
Pontprennau SLT team.
Post Reference : ED50
The Governing Body of Pontprennau Primary School seeks to appoint a hardworking, committed teacher to work in our growing, dynamic and ambitious school to lead and manage Key Stage 2.
The successful candidate will have:
● Energy, vision and excitement to continue to develop excellence in learning in their own class, and in the rest of KS2, in line with our whole school protocols, expectations and pedagogy. You will be ambitious for your team and our school.
● The vision and motivation to lead and develop the KS2 phase team
● The ability to lead and monitor curriculum, standards and assessment processes within the phase
● The ability to be a team leader who can model, set high expectations and support all team members
● Enthusiasm to develop understanding of whole school leadership and be a member of SLT
This post is subject to an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service Check.
This vacancy is suitable for post share.
Please download or print off the application form by selecting the “Apply Now” button.
Due to our current interim working arrangements, we are unable to provide recruitment packs through the post.
Application forms should be completed in full and returned by:
12.00 pm midday, Tuesday 14th October 2020 tby email for the attention of Cherri Clee (Acting Headteacher)
A task and interview will take place the week beginning the 19th October 2020.
Due to the current COVID -19 circumstances the interview process for this role will be held on a virtual basis using an appropriate online platform. If you have any concerns around your ability to participate in a virtual interview process please contact the Headteacher for a discussion.
Safeguarding and Child Protection are key priorities for the Council. We aim to support children and vulnerable adults to ensure they are as safe as they can possibly be. Our services and schools are committed to ensuring the safety and protection of all children and vulnerable adults, and will take action to safeguard their well-being, and acknowledge that children and vulnerable adults have a right to protection. This is supported in the general ethos of the Council and all schools.
As an equal opportunities employer, we value diversity. Therefore, although not a requirement for application, we welcome and encourage applications from underrepresented individuals including those:
• aged under 25;
• not in employment, education or training;
• from our local communities including in particular disabled individuals, carers and those from the Cardiff BAME and LGBT+ communities;
• ability to communicate fluently in Welsh.