Ty Isaf Infants and Nursery School
‘Learning together to be our best’
PART TIME TEACHER
2 Days Per Week, Thursday & Friday, required from January 2021 (pending safeguarding clearance)
Fixed Term Contract Until 31st August 2021. With possible scope to extend further.
Salary: Teacher Pay Scales
The Governing Body of Ty Isaf Infants School are seeking to appoint a dynamic Foundation Phase Practitioner who is talented, enthusiastic teacher with evidence of high quality teaching skills to join their hard-working, committed team at their happy and successful school.
Ty Isaf Infants School is a warm, welcoming school with high expectations. We are looking for a teacher with high expectations of the children in their care and who are able to deliver high quality lessons in which children are actively engaged in their learning. Candidates will need to demonstrate good inter-personal and communication skills. The successful candidate will have a secure knowledge of the Foundation Phase.
Candidates will need to be able to:
• be a committed team player and role model and work collaboratively as part of a strong team
• think creatively and innovatively; be caring, full of enthusiasm and be committed to making our children's learning fun and enjoyable;
• be highly motivated and hold equally high expectations of our children's achievements, their behaviour, and skills development;
• possess proven effective strategies for the management of children's behaviour
• demonstrate high levels of digital competence; be familiar with the requirements of the DCF
• be able to effectively use the latest technologies to enhance our children's learning;
• plan sessions that embed and enhance skills across the curriculum through effective use of the LNF, DCF, and Four Purposes.
• have an interest and experience of working with children with Additional Learning Needs and have the ability to demonstrate positive behaviour management strategies
• be committed to promoting the safeguarding and well-being of children
• establish and maintain positive relationships of mutual respect with our parents, carers, members of our Governing Body and the wider community.
• bring passion, energy enthusiasm and be driven to fulfil the role to the best of their ability.
You will be expected to play a full role in achieving high standards, both academically and socially. This means you would be supporting extra-curricular activities and school events.
Ty Isaf Infants School can offer:
• A strong commitment to Professional Learning
• A welcoming, caring school with a positive ethos, where pupils feel safe and achieve well,
• Well behaved pupils who are fun to be with and are motivated by enjoyable learning experiences
• A positive learning environment where everyone is valued
• The support of a highly effective team of staff and governors who are keen to continue to build on recent successes.
The appointment process will involve a lesson observation and an interview with the Headteacher and Governing Body.
The Governing Body and Local Authority are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Please send a stamped addressed envelope when requesting an application form or email the school for an application form or alternatively apply via Eteach.
If you have not heard from us by week commencing 9th November 2020 please assume you have not been successful.
Please return completed application forms to:
Mrs E Bain
Ty Isaf Infants and Nursery School
Closing date: 2nd November 2020
Shortlisting date: 4th November 2020
Lesson observations: 10th, 11th, 12th November 2020
Interviews: 13th November 2020
We are legally obliged to ask you to provide evidence of your right to work in the UK. If you are invited to interview, you will be asked to provide appropriate documents such as your full birth certificate/passport/work permit in accordance with the Asylum and Immigration Act 1996.
This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (1974) and a comprehensive screening process will be undertaken on all applicants. This will include an enhance check with the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Ty Isaf Infants & Nursery School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.