32.5 hours per week - Term Time
Governors at this progressive Catholic school, which has many elements of excellence in place as identified in its most recent Section 50 and ESTYN inspections are seeking to appoint an inspiring class teacher to join its team of high quality practitioners. St. Mary’s worked as a Pioneer School, contributing towards the development of a new curriculum for Wales and it holds Advanced Thinking School status. We can offer you:
• A strong and supportive Catholic ethos, which pervades the life of the school.
• Professional development (including induction) that is rooted in contemporary educational research (the school’s partnership with the University of Exeter is judged to be ‘excellent’ by ESTYN).
• A determination to further develop a curriculum that produces ambitious, capable learners with a broad range and depth of knowledge and skills.
• Children who are curious about the world in which they live and who demonstrate a love of learning.
• A highly committed team of governors and staff who are dedicated to the pursuit of excellence.
We are searching for a teacher who:
• Will model our Catholic ethos and values within the school and throughout the wider community, with distinction.
• Has the ability to achieve high standards and a determination to facilitate rapid rates of progress in all pupils.
• Exhibits an understanding about the purpose of Catholic education and about what excellence in teaching and learning entails as we move towards the middle of the Twenty-First Century.
• Is ready, willing and able to listen to and act upon advice in a spirit of striving to ensure continual improvement, with the aim of achieving excellence.
• Is able to contribute significantly towards the extra-curricular life of the school.
• Has a good sense of humour and a positive, sunny disposition.
Please go to Bridgend Council Jobs in for information on where to send the application form.
Protecting children, young people or adults at risk is a core responsibility of all council employees.
Applicants should note that a criminal records check by the Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) will be necessary for the successful applicant.
Closing Date: Thursday, 12th November 2020.
St Mary's Catholic Primary is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.