Start date: 1st January 2021
Hours: 20 hours per week (Monday, Wednesday and Friday)
Salary: £25,714 - £41,604 + SEN 1 £2,270 per annum pro rata – salary within this pay range only, to be agreed at interview
This is a fixed term post until 31st August 2021 due to the curriculum requirement of covering leadership time for subject leaders which is not expected to continue beyond the date specified
From 1st January 2021, we require an enthusiastic, committed and creative teacher who will enjoy teaching pupils with complex learning difficulties, communication and interaction needs and a range of other special education needs at Culverhill School, and across Enable Trust if needed.
This fixed term vacancy is for a teacher to work in multiple class, ranging from 7 to 16 years old, covering leadership time.
Culverhill School is a thriving and exceptional special school with a strong and creative teaching team. We cater for a range of special educational needs children including complex learning difficulties and speech and language difficulties. Please see our website for more information.
We are looking for a teacher who:
• Is passionate and committed to Enable Trust’s vision and values
• Has excellent communication skills, good emotional literacy and are resilient in challenging environments.
• Is passionate about teaching children with SEND and puts the needs of children and young people first forming highly successful relationships with them
• Has the commitment and expertise to develop the potential of pupils of all needs and abilities and age ranges.
• Can motivate, engage and inspire all pupils to learn
• Is calm and can maintain a sense of humour under pressure and can be flexible enough to adapt as situations change
• Is organised and well experienced in assessment for learning techniques
• Has had experience in contributing to and reporting on Education and Health Care Plan outcomes.
• Is committed to developing pupils’ independence and emotional and physical well-being
• Can work collaboratively within a team and other professionals to ensure that learning is appropriate to meet the needs of individual learners.
• Is enthusiastic about developing their professional practice and embrace opportunities to acquire new learning, skills and knowledge
• Can be creative in their use of IT – it would be desirable, but not essential, to have some experience of leading or co-ordinating in this subject.
We can offer you:
• A supportive staff team to work with.
• A modern well-resourced environment
• External and internal CPD opportunities to maximise your professional development
• A supportive induction and mentoring programme
• Future leadership and development opportunities across Enable Trust
Please refer to the relevant Job Description and job specification for further details and key responsibilities of the role.
To apply, please complete the Enable Trust Teacher Application form, and email to the school.
The closing date is 12pm on Thursday 10th December 2020.
Shortlisted candidates will be notified by: Friday 11th December 2020
Interviews to be held on the 14th December 2020.
Please see our website for more details about the exciting vision of promoting the special school voice in the system and raising standards for pupils with complex, severe, profound and multiple learning difficulties.
Enable Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the safety and welfare of children and young people. All staff and volunteers are expected to share this commitment and all appointments will be subject to appropriate vetting, including an enhanced DBS disclosure check.
Culverhill School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.