Reception Class teacher required for Somerdale Educate Together
Hours: Full time
Reporting to: Headteacher
Somerdale is a single entry primary school that opened its doors to children for the first time in September 2017. We currently have six classes from pre-school to year four and each year the school will increase its age range, adding an additional year group until it is an all through primary school in 2022. We are proud of our school, inside and outside the classroom, that allows us to deliver our exciting and enriching enquiry curriculum.
A career at ETAT schools:
Our school is part of a group of schools in the Educate Together Academy Trust which was established in 2014. It places inclusion at the heart of its thinking and seeks to ensure in its mission statement, that ‘no child is an outsider’.
If an equality-based education is vital to you, this is an exciting opportunity to join Educate Together and to develop outstanding practice as part of our school. All our schools operate under the following shared principles:
- Equality based – all children have equal rights of access to the school and children of all social, cultural, and religious backgrounds are equally respected.
- Co-Educational – all children are encouraged to explore their full range of abilities and opportunities.
- Child – centred – we always put the children at the heart of every decision and activity. If it is not in the interest of the children’s learning or welfare, then why do it?
- Democratically run – we encourage active participation of parents, children, and the community in the daily life of the school whilst positively affirming the professional role of the teachers.
Alongside our enquiry curriculum, based on the National Curriculum, we teach our unique ‘Learn Together’ ethical education curriculum daily. The Learn Together curriculum covers four strands:
- Moral and Spiritual
- Equality and Justice
- Belief Systems
- Ethics and Environment
We are now looking for an inspiring reception teacher to join our growing school in September to provide the best education for our children by ensuring they are supported, engaged, and inspired in their learning.
As part of our excellent, hardworking, and welcoming team, you will enthuse and motivate our children to strive for success whilst supporting the development of a healthy learning environment.
Our ideal teacher will be:
- An inspiring practitioner
- Innovative and creative
- Be fully committed to providing an integrated education that develops the talents of all our children
- Understands the importance of working closely with families from a diverse background
- Be excited by the opportunity to shape a school alongside the team, take on leadership
Why work at Somerdale ET?
At Somerdale you will have:
- A chance to work in an inclusive, vibrant, and supportive community
- A genuine commitment to teacher well-being and development
- A supportive senior management team and wider staff body within the ETAT Schools
- Relevant CPD opportunities to support your development
- The opportunity to build a career in the direction you choose as we grow as a MAT
Hours: Full Time and Permanent
Start Date: September 2021
Closing Date: 26th February 2021
Interviews: 22nd March 2021
Somerdale Educate Together Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.