Mulberry Park Educate Together Primary Academy: Class Teacher required
Mulberry Park Educate Together Primary Academy opened in September 2018 and there are now 70+ children on roll from Reception to Year 2, with up to Year 3 in September 2021. The school will continue to grow a year at a time until it reaches full capacity as a one-form entry school with 210 pupils.
We are now looking for a Cover Teacher to join our small, hard working team. Initially the post will be 4 days per week to cover our DHT 2 days per week in Year 2 along with PPA cover in the other 3 classes. The post is likely to become full time in the future.
- Do you actively support our Educate Together ethos and values?
- Are you looking for an exciting opportunity to help shape our brand new school?
- Do you consider yourself a flexible, creative and forward thinking teacher?
- Are you passionate about education and believe that it can be fun?
- Do you believe that you should be able to take risks and try new things within your teaching?
- Can you demonstrate the ability to innovate and explore new ideas?
- Can you demonstrate that you can get very good progress in teaching and learning without the children doing endless test practice, whilst also maintaining a healthy work life balance?
- Are you flexible, keen to lend a hand and committed to being part of a growing team?
If an equality-based education is vital to you, this is an exciting opportunity to join Educate Together and to develop our schools in the UK. We are currently seeking a teacher with creativity, enthusiasm and a desire to make a real difference to our children. We require an excellent classroom practitioner and would welcome an experienced teacher, subject leader or someone who has worked across other schools.
Educate Together Primary Academies are a new type of school offering choice to families in the UK. There are 90 schools in Ireland and this model of primary school has been successfully developed over the past 40 years. The equality-based ethos and its unique ethical curriculum are particularly suited to the education of children for life in today’s diverse and globalised world.
All our schools operate under the following principles:
- Equality based – all children have equal rights of access to the school and children of all social, cultural and religious backgrounds are equally respected.
- Co - Educational – all children are encouraged to explore their full range of abilities and opportunities.
- Child – centred – we always put the children at the heart of every decision and activity. If it is not in the interest of the children’s learning or welfare then why do it?
- Democratically run – we encourage active participation of parents, children and the community in the daily life of the school whilst positively affirming the professional role of the teachers.
The unique Learn Together ethical curriculum is taught every day in an integrated way along with the National Curriculum. The Learn Together curriculum covers four strands:
- Moral and Spiritual
- Equality and Justice
- Belief Systems
- Ethics and Environment
Our ideal teacher will:
- Be excited by the opportunity to shape a school and the Multi Academy Trust
- Be eager to join Educate Together Academy Trust which has a proven model and track record in teacher support, encouragement and development
- Understand fully the importance of working closely with families from a diverse background
- Be familiar with a school culture lead by a strong ethos and distinct values
- Have some understanding of the opportunities and challenges ahead
We will offer:
- A supportive and inclusive environment
- A genuine commitment to teacher well-being and development
- Staff development opportunities in the UK and Ireland
- The opportunity to build a career in the direction you choose as we grow as a MAT
All our staff will receive continuous professional development through our own in-school training, our partner schools in England and training providers in the UK. You may visit other Educate Together schools to learn more about our ethos and the Learn Together curriculum and to develop links with these schools, both professionally and for our pupils.
Due to the current situation we are limiting visitors to the school however a 1:1 tour could be arranged after school hours. Please contact our school office to find out more or to arrange a visit.
Closing date: Wednesday 21st April 2021
Interviews: Thursday 29th or Friday 30th April
Mulberry Park Educate Together Primary is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.