Salary: Mainscale + SEN 1 allowance
Contract Type: Full Time
Start date: September 2021
About The Chalet School
The school is a member of the Brunel Special Educational Needs Multi-Academy Trust (BSM). We are a primary school for 64 boys and girls with a primary diagnosis of ASD and SEND. We offer a bespoke, individualised curriculum that has a strong emphasis on Learning through Play, Communication, Sensory Processing and a range of Learning Outside of the Classroom (LOtC) activities. We want all pupils to develop skills for life, independence and resilience. We want them to feel safe and happy. We want them to make positive relationships with staff and make friends. We want all pupils to reach their full potential and work in partnership with parents/carers and families to make this happen.
We wish to appoint a teacher who:
• is an excellent classroom practitioner
• has experience of working with pupils with SEND, including ASD
• has experience of the Early Years Curriculum
• has effective behaviour management skills
• has experience of leading and managing a small team of teaching assistants
• is a team player who enjoys working collaboratively
• is able to build strong relationships with pupils, parents, colleagues and other professionals
• is an excellent communicator
• is adaptable and creative in their teaching and enjoys ‘thinking outside of the box’
• has a positive attitude, stamina and resilience
We offer you:
• Happy and welcoming pupils
• Enthusiastic and supportive colleagues, parents & Governors
• A friendly and committed Senior Leadership Team, who strive to lead the school forward whilst supporting a healthy work/life balance for all staff
• High quality CPD within an experienced team
• An opportunity to shape the future of the school which is preparing for further expansion
• A purpose built school, co-located with Liden Primary School
• Brunel Perks – exclusive discounts on a range of products and retailers
If you can identify with the school motto: Dream, Believe, Achieve and believe you can make a difference to the lives of our pupils, we would like to hear from you.
If you would like visit the school, please do not hesitate to contact the school office to make an appointment. Information about the school’s Covid-19 protocol for visitors will be shared with you prior to the visit.
We are committed to Safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people (CYP) and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Appointment is subject to a Disclosure and Barring Service check, a teaching registration check, references and medical clearance. All references will be obtained prior to interview.
We are an equal opportunities employer.
CLOSING DATE: 30th April 2021
INTERVIEWS: 17th May 2021