Pencaerau Primary School
Caerau, Cardiff, CF5 5QN
“Learning for life”
Post Ref: ED50051090
Permanent Full Time Teacher – MPS/UPS
The Headteacher and Governing Body of Pencaerau Primary School are looking for an innovative, strong and inspirational teacher who is committed to children’s wellbeing and learning.
We are a school at the heart of its community with high aspirations for all.
The successful candidate will be an excellent practitioner who has high expectations for all pupils and is able to join a hardworking, committed and helpful team.
The position is suitable for NQT’s and/ or experienced teachers.
We are looking for a teacher who has:
• High expectations for pupil wellbeing, behaviour and outcomes
• A resourceful, reflective and enthusiastic approach to teaching that motivates and stimulates pupils.
• Knowledge and understanding of pedagogy and child development
• An interest in understanding and developing the individual needs, abilities and interests of each child
• Excellent skills in planning imaginative and inspiring learning experiences
• The ability to work collaboratively as part of a team
• The ability to build effective relationships with parents and external agencies.
• The ability to embrace our school community and all that it has to offer
This vacancy is suitable for post share.
The post is permanent.
This post is subject to an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service Check.
Due to the current COVID -19 circumstances the interview process for this role maybe held on a virtual basis using an appropriate online platform. If you have any concerns around your ability to participate in a virtual interview process please contact Hayley Brady for a discussion.
Please download or print off the application form by selecting the “Apply Now” button.
Due to our current interim working arrangements, we are unable to provide recruitment packs through the post.
Completed application forms should be returned direct to the school by the closing date.
Closing Date: Friday 30th April 2021 by 12pm
Safeguarding and Child Protection are key priorities for the Council. We aim to support children and vulnerable adults to ensure they are as safe as they can possibly be. Our services and schools are committed to ensuring the safety and protection of all children and vulnerable adults, and will take action to safeguard their well-being, and acknowledge that children and vulnerable adults have a right to protection. This is supported in the general ethos of the Council and all schools.
As an equal opportunities employer, we value diversity. Therefore, although not a requirement for application, we welcome and encourage applications from underrepresented individuals including those:
• aged under 25;
• not in employment, education or training;
• from our local communities including in particular disabled individuals, carers and those from the Cardiff BAME and LGBT+ communities;
• ability to communicate fluently in Welsh.