Post No. ED50025320
Full Time Classroom Teacher (Temporary)
September 2021 – August 2022
MPS/UPS Pay Scale
The Governors of St John Lloyd RC Primary school are seeking to appoint a dynamic and innovative teacher to join our highly effective school. This is an exciting opportunity to help shape and develop our new curriculum.
The successful candidate will demonstrate;
• a commitment to our Catholic ethos and the life of our school
• the skills of an excellent classroom practitioner with high expectations of children’s behaviour, achievement and wellbeing
• an excellent understanding and commitment to the philosophy of the curriculum for Wales (2022) and its framework
• an understanding of the literacy and numeracy framework and how to implement it in the classroom.
• the ability to work in a team.
We can offer you:
• an opportunity to work in a school that has recently achieved ‘good and excellent’ in Estyn and section 50 inspections.
• to join a partnership with a motivated and conscientious team of teachers and teaching assistants who fully embrace and enthusiastically support a skills based curriculum
• a wide range of exciting school initiatives
• supportive governors and parents
• a warm, welcoming and supportive Catholic community
This post is subject to an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service Check.
This vacancy is suitable for post share.
Internal candidates who wish to apply for this position on a secondment basis must obtain approval prior to application using Form SEC1 (4.C.081). Requests may only be approved by the relevant Chief Officer or senior nominated officer graded no lower than OM2 or in the case of schools based staff the Headteacher / Governing Body.
Please download or print off the application form by selecting the “Apply Now” button.
Due to our current interim working arrangements, we are unable to provide recruitment packs through the post.
Application forms should be completed in full and returned to the school by
Applications from NQTs are welcome.
Applications should be returned / emailed to;
Ann-Marie Smith, Brynbala Way, Trowbridge, Cardiff. CF3 1SX
Closing Date: 27th May 2021 (3pm)
Shortlisting: 28th May 2021
Classroom Observations: 9th June 2021
Interviews: 10th June 2021
Due to the current COVID -19 circumstances the interview process for this role will be held on a virtual basis using an appropriate online platform. If you have any concerns around your ability to participate in a virtual interview process please contact the school for a discussion.
Safeguarding and Child Protection are key priorities for the Council. We aim to support children and vulnerable adults to ensure they are as safe as they can possibly be. Our services and schools are committed to ensuring the safety and protection of all children and vulnerable adults, and will take action to safeguard their well-being, and acknowledge that children and vulnerable adults have a right to protection. This is supported in the general ethos of the Council and all schools.
As an equal opportunities employer, we value diversity. Therefore, although not a requirement for application, we welcome and encourage applications from underrepresented individuals including those:
• aged under 25;
• not in employment, education or training;
• from our local communities including in particular disabled individuals, carers and those from the Cardiff BAME and LGBT+ communities;
• ability to communicate fluently in Welsh.