Grade: Main Pay Scale + SEN 1 Allowance
Hours of work: Full-time
Contract: Fixed term until 31 August 22
Start date: January 2022
When you join Cambridge Park Academy, you join a strong multi-disciplinary team, delivering cutting edge values and aims through a personalised approach that enables success for all learners. Students, teachers, parents and professionals alike tell us how much they value our purposeful and supportive ethos.
Our students are at the centre of everything we do at the Academy, with a staff team, dedicated to the education and care of each and every one of them. We are a forward-thinking and rapidly developing Academy, focusing on meeting the challenges that every new student brings. We support learners with Moderate Learning Difficulties, Severe Learning Difficulties and Autistic Spectrum Conditions aged 3-19. Our provision includes a 6th Form which provides learners with strong preparation for their adult life.
Education at our Academy is organised along 3 pathways, which support the delivery of sequential and meaningful education for all students.
From September 2020 the curriculum changed and all classes now follow a primary model of delivery. This has further enhanced our ability to provide structure, routine and consistency and has resulted in better engagement with learning and a calmer learning environment. To support this journey and in order to add capacity, we are looking to appoint a teacher who has the experience and skills to teach across a range of subjects.
Cambridge Park Academy is part of the Humber Education Trust (HET), this Trust consists of 12 Primary schools and 4 Special Schools. Cambridge Park joined HET in April 2020. The relationship with HET is both supportive and collaborative, enabling curriculum development and improvement in outcomes for students.
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE WILL:
• Be a qualified Teacher who has experience of teaching children with severe and complex needs.
• Have excellent pedagogical skills
• Have strong subject knowledge across a range of subjects
• Have exceptional communication skills
• Be committed to providing a safe and challenging learning environment
• Have the ability to develop excellent relationships with students, the capability for exploring new methodologies, and the skills for delivering interesting and fun lessons.
AS A MEMBER OF HUMBER EDUCATION TRUST, WE OFFER:
• Commitment to securing the very best provision and outcomes for all children.
• A Trust with expertise in every area of the curriculum, both in primary and special settings, through our S2S Support Leaders and Peers network.
• Outstanding individually tailored continual professional development for staff at all levels.
• Staff who feel valued and supported in their roles.
• Ethical working with mutual respect and collaboration.
• A caring and safe environment where we recognise the diverse needs of our community, ensuring our young people from all backgrounds thrive.
If you are a colleague with a successful record of outstanding teaching, then this teaching role offers an opportunity to challenge yourself in a new environment. Highly motivated and driven applicants should have the creativity and vision to inspire and support change with a focus on ensuring successful outcomes.
You will need a ‘can-do’ attitude that can inspire and engage learners, staff and our wider educational community. In return, you will be part of a strong team and will be given extensive support to develop to your full potential in this role and beyond. The management team is fully supportive of, and encourages, creative practise. We are interested in hearing from candidates who have special school or mainstream experience with a background in either primary or secondary education.
Visits to our school are welcomed by appointment.
If you have any queries regarding the role or application process, please contact: Principal’s PA at Cambridge Park Academy.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please complete an application form and submit via Eteach. All candidates are advised to refer to the job description and person specification before making an application.
Early application is encouraged. We will review applications throughout the advertising period and therefore reserve the right to close the advert early should sufficient applications be received.
Closing date for completed applications: 8am, Monday 1 November 2021
Any offer of employment to this post will be subject to receipt of a satisfactory enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure Barring Service, Children’s Barred List Check, Section 128 check where applicable, identity checks, medical clearance, proof of qualifications, satisfactory references and eligibility to work in the UK checks.
Cambridge Park Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.