St Francis R.C. Primary School
Teacher Post Ref: ED50224867
Permanent, full time
Teaching and Learning Responsibility Post 2a (Lower)
MPS/UPS + TLR2 (£2,923 - £7,140)
Required for January 2022 or as soon as possible thereafter
St Francis is a welcoming and inclusive school, firmly driven by its mission as a Catholic Community. The Governing Body wishes to appoint a highly motivated, ambitious and outstanding professional to lead Literacy. The successful candidate will have exceptional leadership skills and will work in close partnership with the Head teacher and Senior Leadership Team to further develop this popular and successful school.
The successful candidate will be:
• A teacher who is passionate about the development of all aspects of Literacy and the wider school curriculum and willing to take a leading role in its development.
• An outstanding classroom practitioner with enthusiasm, vision and excellent organisational skills.
• An excellent communicator who will join the Senior Leadership Team and make a significant contribution to whole school improvement.
• An effective team member who is focused on standards, has high expectations and can apply personal skills and experience to impact positively on whole school issues.
• Committed to developing positive and supportive professional relationships with staff, parents, governors the wider community and other practitioners.
• Willing and prepared to make a wider contribution to aspects of school life.
Further information about our school is available from our website
This post is subject to an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service Check.
Under the Education (Wales) Act 2014, all School Learning Support Workers must be registered with the Education Workforce Council (EWC).
This vacancy is suitable for post share.
Please download or print off the application form by selecting the “Apply Now” button.
Due to our current interim working arrangements, we are unable to provide recruitment packs through the post.
Application forms can be completed online and returned to the Chair of the Governing Body c/o Sharon Canter by the closing date.
Completed paper Catholic Education Service application forms should be returned to: - The Chair of the Governing Body, Saint Francis R. C. Primary School, Wilson Road, Cardiff, CF5 4JL by the closing date.
(Applicants are requested to complete the Catholic Education Service application forms but are not necessarily required to be Catholic.)
Closing Date: Thursday 2nd December 09:00 2021
Shortlisting: Friday 3rd December 2021 09:00 am
Lesson Observations and Interviews: 10th December 2021
The Governing Body, Local Authority and Archdiocese are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. References will be taken up for all shortlisted candidates prior to interview.
The successful candidate will be required to undergo an enhanced Disclosure from the Criminal Records Bureau (CRB) and sign the CES contract.
Safeguarding and Child Protection are key priorities for the Council. We aim to support children and vulnerable adults to ensure they are as safe as they can possibly be. Our services and schools are committed to ensuring the safety and protection of all children and vulnerable adults, and will take action to safeguard their well-being, and acknowledge that children and vulnerable adults have a right to protection. This is supported in the general ethos of the Council and all schools.
As an equal opportunities employer, we value diversity. Therefore, although not a requirement for application, we welcome and encourage applications from underrepresented individuals including those:
• aged under 25;
• not in employment, education or training;
• from our local communities including in particular disabled individuals, carers and those from the Cardiff BAME and LGBT+ communities;
• ability to communicate fluently in Welsh.