An exciting opportunity to join the teaching team at Briarwood School. Briarwood School supports 160 pupils from 3-19 with a range of SEND within 5 departments across 3 sites in East Central Bristol. Many pupils have a diagnosis of Autism with severe learning difficulties with behaviours that challenge. We are seeking an innovative, motivated, organised, flexible, hardworking teacher who strives for excellence. You will be working in an environment which values independence and which makes learning for life fun. We are looking for a teacher who has:
- Good knowledge of the SEND code of practice.
- Is an excellent classroom practitioner who has aspirational expectations for their pupils.
- Has experience of working with pupils with SEND.
- Committed to safeguarding.
- Is resourceful, positive and enthusiastic, with a good sense of humour who enjoys working as part of a team.
You will be part of:
- An exciting and innovative development of an all through community.
- A dedicated staff team who strive for excellence.
- A caring and inclusive ethos.
- A school which has supportive governors and parents with high expectations of the school.
Like us, you will be passionate about safeguarding, deeply committed to releasing potential and determined to make a difference every day.
Please see recruitment pack for more details.
Closing Date: 8th July 2022 at 4.00pm
Interview Date: To Be Confirmed
Start Date: 1st September 2022 or as soon as possible dependent on notice period
CVS ARE NOT ACCEPTED
Briarwood School is committed to providing Equal Opportunities for its pupils and staff and safeguarding children. All employees must have an enhanced DBS clearance.
Briarwood School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.