Thurnby Mead Primary Academy is a single form entry primary school in Leicester city; part of the Mead Educational Trust. It has a full time nursery, Reception to Year 6 classes and Designated Specialist Provision(DSP) for 15 pupils from years 1 to 6 with Speech, Language and Communication needs.
Following the retirement of our experienced DSP teacher we are looking to appoint an enthusiastic and committed teacher to lead our DSP.
Our ideal applicant will have:
- experience working with primary pupils with speech, language and communication learning needs,
- experience leading a team,
- outstanding teaching practice that raises both expectations and standards leading to sustainable progress for all children,
- relevant qualifications (eg languages, linguistics)
- a keen interest in the welfare of pupils,
- experience working with outside agencies and professionals,
- be comfortable leading on SALT programmes in school as well as supporting parents.
We can offer you:
- a supportive, friendly and committed staff team,
- children who enjoy coming to school.
- a supportive Trust with 13 schools working collaboratively and sharing best practice,
- a Principal that will support and nurture your professional development.
Visits to the school are warmly welcomed either this week or on Monday 25th October. Please contact Michelle Woodhouse, Principal, to arrange.
Closing date Monday 25th October 2021 12.00pm, interviews Wednesday 27th October 2021.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Applicants will be required to undertake pre-employment checks, such as an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) Check. Applicants who will be undertaking early and/or later years childcare (or the management of such childcare) will be required to complete a declaration that neither they, nor anyone who lives in the same household, is a disqualified person under the Childcare (Disqualification) Regulations 2009.