Required for January 2021
We are looking for a Foundation Teacher to work as both a Teacher for 13 hours per week, and also as a Higher Level Teaching Assistant for 18 hours per week.
The salary will be split between the roles;
0.4 (13 hours per week) Main teacher pay scale will be within £24,906 - £40,490
- 0.6 (18 hours per week) Grade 6 - £21,748 - £24,491
Ysgol Gelli Aur/ Golden Grove School is a respected, successful dual stream primary school situated in the vibrant town of Pembroke in Pembrokeshire. It is a happy and thriving community with enthusiastic pupils and a dedicated and established team of staff. The school provides a wonderful well-resourced environment for learning and this appointment offers an exciting challenge to add further value to an already successful school.
The Governors of Golden Grove School are seeking to appoint an inspirational and highly effective teacher to help move our successful and popular school forward. We are looking for an excellent classroom practitioner who has a passion for children's learning and strives for the highest of standards. We encourage applications from both newly qualified and experienced teachers.
As a HLTA you will;
Working under the direction of the Head Teacher, you will provide cover for teaching staff during PPA and Management Release time. A good standard of education, and an understanding of children / young people’s needs and rights, together with experience of working with children in both the Foundation Phase and Key Stage 2 is essential for this role.
In this role you will complement the professional work of teachers by taking responsibility for agreed learning activities under an agreed system of supervision. This may involve planning, preparing and delivering learning activities for individuals/groups/whole classes and monitoring pupils and assessing, recording and reporting on pupils’ achievement, progress and development.
We are looking for a class teacher/ HLTA who:
- Has high expectations of both the learners and themselves
- Has high quality teaching ability and recognises the importance of developing every child's potential
- Has the ability to inspire and build on high standards of pastoral care
- Has excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work as part of a dedicated team.
- Can use their initiative and work collaboratively within a team.
We can offer you:
• Delightful children who are enthusiastic learners
• Passionate, hardworking and supportive staff who are dedicated to gaining the best from every individual
• Supportive governors, parents and strong links with the community
• Numerous community partnerships
• A fabulous working environment with excellent resources
• Personal development opportunities
Safeguarding and Child Protection are key priorities for Pembrokeshire's Education and Children's Service. We aim to support vulnerable children and young people to ensure they are as safe as they can possibly be. Our schools are committed to ensuring the safety and protection of all children and will take action to safeguard their well-being, and acknowledge that children have a right to protection. This is supported in the general ethos of all schools.
This post is subject to a DBS disclosure check.
Ysgol Gelli Aur Golden Grove is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.