Do you have a desire to help students make outstanding learning progress in a high achieving department at the country's most innovative schools?
An opportunity has arisen for 3 talented and ambitious Teacher Guides to join a significant group of schools operated by Wey Education.
Our teachers work from home to deliver live lessons via our online classrooms where students are encouraged to participate and join in with activities and if you are interested in joining us to improve the lives of our students, we would love to hear from you!
About the role
Job Title – Teacher Guide
Location – Home Based Position
• A Company Pension
• Life Cover
• Employee Discount Programme
Start Date – Ongoing
Salary Range - £25,000 - £34,535, depending on experience.
Position: Full-Time, Permanent Contract. Teaching between 35 to 42 weeks per annum
Operating world-wide, we are the largest online school group in the UK, delivering a fully personalised education online. Our curriculum structure is based on the key stages, with IGCSEs offered at KS4 and A Levels at KS5. We teach students online, through a digital platform.
We offer a genuinely 21st century education and the opportunity for teachers to develop professional skills. Our teachers teach exceptionally well-behaved students from their own home and all teachers are provided with high quality computer hardware.
About the group
Wey Education plc is the AIM listed holding company of an educational group providing services online worldwide. Using state-of-the-art digital technology, Wey operates two established divisions – InterHigh, a non-selective fee-paying online secondary school, established in 2005 and a B2B division including Academy 21, serving other educational providers, schools, local authorities and other public bodies.
Our teachers are encouraged to seek new ways to positively engage and motivate our students through online learning and are fully supported by our IT team.
Wey Education PLC is a leading online provider of primary, secondary and college education in the UK. With over 3,000 students, Interhigh and alternative provision division Academy 21, make up the two entities of the AIM listed public company. We are an ambitious company with quality education and student engagement at the heart of everything we do.
The successful candidates will join a talented team providing excellent online educational experiences for our students whose ages range between 8 and 18. Candidates may already have their teaching qualifications or be interested in pursuing a career in teaching. The role will include, supporting students with Apply (assignments and study sessions) timetabled sessions, support seminar team teaching sessions and support extra curriculum activities in addition to Student-Led and focused activities. The role will be student facing and in support of teaching staff. The role will be line managed by the Heads of Faculty. Each Teaching Guide will have a Faculty focus (Science and Maths), and (Arts) and may teach across all four Key Stages.
This is a new role designed to support the roll out of the Education Strategy and Programmes including: quality enhancements for the Faculties, support team teaching practices in seminars and support the Apply component of the Wey 2.0 Education Model.
The role will include:
• Play a Teaching Guide role in the Apply Study Sessions through targeted student and study support
• Play a Teaching Guide role in the newly piloted Seminars through team teaching and as a second teacher in classes
• Support the new Health and Wellbeing programme of activities through cover for Health and Wellbeing Coordinators and providing extra support when needed around exam and assessment time
• Support the Associate Dean for Learning Experience with super-curriculum activities
• Provide guidance and advice to students on educational matters
• Participate in Wey Education Services meetings and staff CPD opportunities
• Undertake any other work as specified by their line manager
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
Ideally the candidate will be qualified up to degree level in a related subject area and have a recognised teaching qualification, a PGCE with Qualified Teacher Status.
SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES – ESSENTIAL
• Excellent written and communication skills
• Knowledge of the correct Safeguarding procedure
• Knowledge of the education sector in a teaching profession or above
• Ability to work well in teams
• Change and business improvement-focused
• Able to work effectively in dynamic and changing environments
• Experience of working in the primary, secondary or college sector
• Experience of working in state or independent school sector
• Experience with creating resources and the ability to review and enhance our current course delivery
• Computer Literate with the ability to teach online using technology applications
Wey Education plc is committed to safeguarding and protecting the children and young people that we work with. As such, all posts are subject to safer recruitment process, including the disclosure of criminal records and vetting checks. We ensure that we have a range of policies and procedures in place which promote safeguarding and safer working practice across the school.