- “Coombe Girls’ School is an outstanding school’, Ofsted May 2013
- Coombe Girls’ School holds the significant accolade of being one in only 35 schools in the UK to have been awarded an Outstanding Ofsted rating four times in succession
- Total number on roll : 1,413 including a mixed Sixth Form, currently 295
- A High Performing School, with Leading Edge and Modern Languages Specialisms
- Examination results reflect the quality of teaching and learning; 82% of students gained the equivalent of 5 A*-C passes including English and Maths. The P8 calculation for the whole Year 11 cohort was +0.73. 40% of all GCSE grades were awarded numerical grades 7-9.
- Latest raiseonline report shows that pupils make progress in the top 7% of pupils nationally.
- Federated with Coombe Boys’ School since January 2006. Converted to academy status in 2012 and is part of the Coombe Academy Trust.
We are seeking to appoint, from September, an outstanding and enthusiastic Teacher of Economics to head up our high-achieving department. The ideal candidate will have excellent subject knowledge, be self-motivated, have a real passion for teaching and the ability to teach a second subject.
Economics ‘A’ Level is a popular option in our Sixth Form and a trend which looks set to continue next academic year. Economics students follow the Edexcel syllabus and have one class in Year 12 and one in Year 13 both taught for 9 hours a week. The candidate who is appointed to this post will be able to take the teaching of Economics to the next level and will demonstrate a clear ability to motivate and challenge high achieving students and so prepare them for University study.
We will offer you:
- An exciting opportunity in a vibrant outstanding school
- A guaranteed CPD plan tailored to individual requirements including financial support for ‘M’ Level study. Our ongoing professional training and development includes National Professional Qualifications in Leadership.
- A successful NQT programme
- A supportive department and Leadership Team
- Effective PPA allocation to allow for a better work/life balance
- Touch screen Chromebooks with G Suite education embedded throughout
- Pension Scheme
- Employee benefits such as childcare salary sacrifice scheme, cycle scheme and retail discounts.
- Free onsite Parking
- An enthusiastic Staff Association offering opportunities for staff sport and socialising
- Excellent location with direct rail links to London Waterloo (25 mins) and a frequent bus service to Kingston
- Access to an Employee Wellbeing Programme including counselling and mentoring
Our ideal candidate will:
• Be a highly competent teacher
• Be able to inspire and motivate students
• Have a passion for their subject which is evident in their day to day teaching
• Have the commitment to be part of an innovative and forward thinking school
• Play a full and active role in the life of the school
We reserve the right to close early should the right candidate be found
Coombe Girls' School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Successful applicants will be required to undertake an enhanced DBS Check.