An exciting opportunity has arisen to join our dedicated Engineering team at City College Southampton.
The team are looking for an experienced Fabricator Welder to teach engineering qualifications from Level 1 to 3 to full / part time students and apprentices. The role is ideal for someone who is currently working in industry or has done so and holds relevant qualifications.
The successful candidate will be passionate about their industry whilst also having the ambition of passing on their knowledge and experiences to the next generation of engineers.
A background in teaching and learning is advantageous but not essential; the post is also suitable for someone from industry with the ambition of becoming an outstanding teacher.
Non-teacher qualified applicants may be able to access an enhanced support package through the Taking Teaching Further (TTF) programme which includes a reduced timetable, work shadowing/mentoring, and support with the costs of the teaching qualification.
This means that you will be supported in your role as follows:
• Enrollment onto the Level 5 Diploma in Education and Training (DET) in January 2022
• Intensive support will be provided through a range of mediums such as teaching and work shadowing arrangements (144 hours)
• Following a period of intensive support, you will also receive a reduced teaching workload until the end of March 2022 (up to 140 hours)
• Dedicated Professional Standards and Learning Coach Mentor
* You are required to have worked for a minimum of 3 years in your area of vocation and are, at the time of applying to become an FE teacher, still working in the same industry, or has been within the past 18 months in order to be eligible for the TTF scheme.
Working from our St Mary’s site, your role will focus primarily on delivering high quality teaching and training in our well-equipped fab weld workshop and classrooms, there is a requirement to teach a Welding evening class, which is included in your teaching the hours.
You will be able to work as part of the team or individually, work flexibly and have good interpersonal skills.
The salary offered is up to £30,710 + market supplement, plus pension, 39 days annual leave and statutory bank holidays. The salary is dependent on experience and negotiable for the right candidate.
The application closing date is Monday 9 August 2021 with interviews being held on Tuesday 17 August 2021. If applying, please ensure you can make yourself available on this date – thank you.
We are only able to contact you if you are shortlisted for interview, and we will do this via e-mail so please ensure we have your accurate contact details when registering.
All shortlisted applicants are required to complete a self-declaration and disclosure form prior to interview. Satisfactory references, enhanced DBS check and medical clearance will be required for successful job candidates.
City College Southampton is a further education college based in the South of England, which provides exceptional vocational and academic training for young people and adults.
Thank you for your interest in City College.
The City College group is committed to providing an environment where students, staff and all members of the College community can feel safe and secure.