We are looking to appoint an exceptional Physics or Chemistry teacher for Years 7-13, and welcome applications from NQTs with strong subject knowledge.
We also invite applications from staff with a track record of outstanding teaching who would be interested in joining us as a Lead Practitioner. Lead Practitioners act as beacons of outstanding teaching, and also work closely with the SLT to lead teaching and learning across the school.
Separate job packs for both roles are attached; please indicate clearly on your application letter which role you would like to be considered for.
Holmleigh Park High School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children in line with the DfE guidelines “Safeguarding Children: Safer Recruitment and Selection in Education Settings”.
The school will adhere to the following guidelines:
1. All new staff will be subject to a criminal background check through the Disclosure & Barring Service. This will be an enhanced check for those whose duties include caring for, training or supervising children.
2. All posts at Holmleigh Park High School require an acceptance of the responsibility to safeguard and promote the welfare of children.
3. The selection procedure for all posts will include a consideration of the applicant’s suitability to work with children as well as the post.
4. All applicants must submit a signed application form. This is taken as verification that all statements are true and that the applicant is not in any way disqualified from working with children eg on List 99.
5. Posts at Holmleigh Park High School are exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act of 1974, and if necessary a declaration must be made on the application form.
6. The school will seek references on all short listed candidates prior to interview, and may approach previous employers for information to verify experience or qualifications prior to interviews.
7. Referees should be someone who has had a working or professional relationship with the candidate, and should not be a friend or relative.
8. Referees will be asked about disciplinary offences relating to children including any in which the penalty is time expired, and whether the applicant has been the subject of any child protection concerns and the outcome of that procedure.