Danescourt Primary School
Cardiff. CF5 2SN
Age Range 3-11
Ref : ED50051282
Teacher (Maternity Leave)
Start date: 6th January 2020
Full Time and Temporary
(Until 20th July 2020 in the first instance, unless the postholder returns earlier)
The Governing Body are seeking to appoint a motivated, enthusiastic and innovative Primary Teacher to join our Foundation Phase Team.
The successful candidate will be;
• an inspirational, dedicated and highly effective Class Teacher
• able to demonstrate commitment to and experience of the ethos, Foundation Phase, NLF, DCF and the challenges of the Wales Curriculum 2022.
• have high expectations of attainment and behaviour
• committed to the well-being and nurture of pupils
• able to work as part of a close team to achieve the very best for our pupils
• prepared to contribute to the wider life of our school
• strongly committed to their own continued learning and professional development
As a school, we can offer;
• children who are well-behaved and motivated to learn
• a professional, well-motivated and supportive staff team
• a well- resourced and attractive learning environment
• an exciting skills based curriculum in which literacy, numeracy and thinking skills are prioritised
• a dynamic programme of professional development
This post is subject to a Disclosure and Barring Service Enhanced Check.
This vacancy is suitable for post share.
Newly Qualified Teachers can be considered.
Application forms to be returned to the school for the attention of Mrs. Judith Davies, Headteacher by 12 noon on Friday 25th October. Interviews will be held on Friday 8th November.
Internal candidates who wish to apply for this position on a secondment basis must obtain approval prior to application using Form SEC1 (4.C.081). Requests may only be approved by the relevant Chief Officer or senior nominated officer graded no lower than OM2 or in the case of schools based staff the Headteacher / Governing Body.
Safeguarding and Child Protection are key priorities for the Council. We aim to support children and vulnerable adults to ensure they are as safe as they can possibly be. Our services and schools are committed to ensuring the safety and protection of all children and vulnerable adults, and will take action to safeguard their well-being, and acknowledge that children and vulnerable adults have a right to protection. This is supported in the general ethos of the Council and all schools.
As an equal opportunities employer, we value diversity. Therefore, although not a requirement for application, we welcome and encourage applications from underrepresented individuals including those:
• aged under 25;
• not in employment, education or training;
• from our local communities including in particular disabled individuals, carers and those from the Cardiff BAME and LGBT+ communities;
• ability to communicate fluently in Welsh.