Our vision is to become a beacon of educational excellence, transforming the lives of the individuals and communities we serve
Teacher of Animal Management – maternity cover
Reference Number: SCCG2139
Salary: £23,630 to £39,135 per annum.
Incremental progression throughout the band is available please check salary.
Advert Closing Date: Midnight on Sunday 1st November 2020
Interview Date: Week commencing 9th November 2020
Location: Eccles Sixth Form College
Contract Type: Fixed term to 30th September 2021 (maternity cover)
Hours per Week: 1.0 FTE
An opportunity has arisen for an enthusiastic individual to join this successful and highly motivated department at Eccles Sixth Form College as a Teacher of Animal Management.
The successful candidate will have a degree or equivalent in a related subject along with a teaching qualification (or working towards) and relevant vocational experience in the Animal and/or Equine industry. You will have the opportunity to deliver on a wide range of courses across the animal and/or equine courses. The department deliver courses from Level One to Level 6.
Applications from teachers with an Animal, Equine or Veterinary Nursing specialism will be welcomed. You will be well motivated, responsive to change and innovative with good communication skills.
To apply for this job, please complete the registration and online application form via our website.
Reasons to Join Us:
• Sixth Form College’s Association style terms and conditions (195 days) and automatic enrolment on to the Teachers’ Pension Scheme
• A range of developmental & career opportunities
• Optional Salary Sacrifice Schemes for the latest technology, mobile phones & bikes
• Staff Benefits Package with the best discounts and savings from high-street retailers, holidays and cinemas
• Various health & wellbeing benefits including discounted gym memberships, confidential staff counselling and health cash plans
• Family Friendly & Flexible Working Policies
Commitment to Safeguarding
As part of our safeguarding commitment we undertake DBS checks as part of our pre-employment procedures on all potential new employees. Appointees will be required to pay for their own DBS checks where applicable to the post.
Eccles Sixth Form College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.