We are looking to appoint an outstanding, highly motivated and committed Teacher of Boy's PE on a fixed term basis from January 2021 until July 2021 pending a staffing review.
A responsibility with an attached TLR (Second in PE with responsibility for academic PE) may be available for the right candidate.
This post is only open to male applicants (exempt under the Equality Act 2010 pursuant to Schedule 9, Part 1).
The post-holder will work at Winterbourne Academy and will benefit from the opportunities offered by a large and successful family of schools. The Olympus Academy Trust (OAT) is a partnership of schools, currently comprising of nine South Gloucestershire schools; one all-through, three secondary and five primary academies.
The successful candidate will be required to deliver high quality lessons, motivate, challenge and inspire our students. They will:
• be an excellent classroom practitioner with the ability to raise standards of provision and outcomes
• have the ability to establish successful and productive relationships with students, parents and staff
• have experience in teaching BTEC PE and or Cambridge Tech Sport and Physical activity.
• have an active commitment to extra-curricular clubs and fixtures
• have knowledge of teaching a wide range of sporting activities
• have the presence and drive to raise the profile of physical education within the academy and beyond
• have a strong sense of team work and a willingness to contribute and a desire to improve their own and the faculty’s practice.
Applications are welcome from both newly qualified teachers and those with experience.
• An Academy that is fully dedicated to developing every student to reach their full potential, irrespective of their ability.
• Collaborative working within our shared family of Academies to support our endeavours to work smarter.
• Excellent CPD opportunities.
• Onsite parking.
• Onsite canteen.
• Employee benefits such as Pension, cycle scheme and discounted gym membership.
• Fantastic facilities to resource your ability to teach your students without limitations.
More information about Winterbourne Academy and The Olympus Academy Trust can be found on our respective websites.
Closing Date: Sunday, 29th November 2020 - We recommend early application as the academy reserves the right to close the advert prior to the stated deadline date
Interview Date: TBC
The Olympus Academy Trust - Winterbourne Academy is committed to creating a dynamic and diverse workforce and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified candidates regardless of their age, gender, disability, age, race or ethnicity, sexual orientation or faith. We have procedures in place to ensure that all applicants are treated fairly and consistently at every stage of the recruitment process.
The Olympus Academy Trust - Winterbourne Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All staff, volunteers and candidates for vacant posts are expected to share this commitment. Suitability to work with children and young people will form part of the selection process. Where given permission to do so, references will be requested for shortlisted candidates prior to interview. Candidates attending an interview should expect the interview panel to explore issues relating to safeguarding and commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All appointments will be subject to vetting, including an enhanced DBS check.