Business and Economics department at St Bede’s
The vacancy is for a full-time appointment teaching business up to KS5, with the opportunity to teach economics for a suitably qualified candidate.
The Business and Economics Department offers the following courses at KS4 and KS5:
- GCSE Business (AQA)
- A Level Economics (AQA)
- A Level Business (AQA)
- Cambridge Technical Certificate in Business (OCR)
The department is a popular choice for students at both KS4 and KS5, with numbers increasing in all courses. At A Level, we run 2 classes in Years 12 and 13 for both economics and business. We currently run 6 GCSE classes in both years 10 and 11. We introduced the Level 3 CTEC in Business from 2020.
The department has grown significantly over recent years and currently has 5 teaching staff. As a department, we pride ourselves on our results, subject knowledge, extracurricular activities and additional support we provide to all students.
Why work for us?
- St Bede's is a good place to work. Staff are friendly and supportive of one another: relationships between staff and pupils were recognised by Ofsted as 'exceptionally strong'.
- NQTs benefit from a well developed and comprehensive induction period programme. More experienced teachers are given the opportunity to participate in training which will help them to develop skills needed for middle and senior management roles.
- There are good on-site catering facilities. Staff are able to use the fitness facilities free of charge and to participate in sports activities.
- Music is a big part of school life and staff are welcome to join our senior choir and instrumental groups.
- We have a social event at the end of each term as well as occasional staff trips to the theatre.
- The school is situated in Redhill, a commuter belt town in the Surrey Fringe area. We are close to the M25 and there are good transport links to London and the South Coast from Redhill station which is about 15 minutes walk from the school. We also benefit from being within walking distance of beautiful countryside . Many staff live locally, others commute from Guildford, South London, Kent and East & West Sussex.
PLEASE NOTE: Interviews will take place via video call.
Our school is committed to the safeguarding of children so all appointments are subject to a satisfactory enhanced disclosure check with the Disclosure and Barring Service. We will only consider applications made on our standard forms and references will be taken up before interview.