Teacher of Chemistry
We are seeking to appoint a highly motivated Teacher of Chemistry to join our thriving Science department. The successful applicant will be required to teach at all levels from KS3 through to A' Level. A TLR may be available for the right candidate.
WHY CHOOSE US:
Bristol Free School is a vibrant and successful school, serving the community of North West Bristol. It is situated in a well-connected location, from which it is easy to access the city and motorway network.
Bristol Free School is part of the Russell Education Trust. The school was established in September 2011 and in a short space of time, has become a very successful and oversubscribed school.
The School admits 200 children per year and occupies a mix of refurbished and new buildings which were opened in September 2013, The Sixth Form opened in September 2016.
The school has a strong reputation for STEM and science is valued highly at the school with an excellent A level uptake. The school is particularly proud of the high take-up of STEM subjects at A level from girls, which is well above national average.
We are defending champions of the Salters' Challenge Festival of Chemistry hosted at Bristol University.
- A forward-thinking approach to learning and teaching
- A school that is fully dedicated to developing every student to reach their full potential, irrespective of their ability
- Bristol Free School is a Russell Education Trust school offering the opportunity for collaborative working and development across the Trust’s 5 schools and excellent CPD opportunities
- A dedicated and friendly team of professionals who are keen to develop and learn
- Recent track record of highly effective teaching in KS3 and 4 is essential
- Successful A ‘Level teaching is desirable
- Detailed subject knowledge
YOU WILL BE:
- QTS (Qualified Teacher Status)
- Well qualified and enthusiastic
- Able to teach Biology and Physics across all key stages
- Passionate about STEM subjects and committed to improving teaching and learning
- Forward thinking, creative, receptive to change and able to work within a team
- Organised and able to work to deadlines
If you are an outstanding practitioner with a passion for student learning and you want to be part of a strong department with high aspirations, commensurate with our growing and thriving school, we look forward to receiving your application.
Closing date is Monday 21 October 2019, but early applications are encouraged and we reserve the right to interview and appoint prior to the closing date
Find out more about this exciting opportunity by visiting our school website.
We are completely committed to safeguarding the welfare of our students. Those who work for us are expected to share this commitment, which will be fully tested as part of the selection process. Our policies, procedures and practices reflect our commitment to equality and diversity. Individuals will be selected for appointment based purely on their suitability for the post.