Thank you for taking an interest in joining us as a Teacher of Chemistry. We are looking to appoint an exceptional teacher to join our team from January 2021; NQTs with strong subject knowledge are also encouraged to apply. We also welcome applicants who would wish to be considered as a Lead Practioner; a separate job pack is attached and you should indicate clearly in your application letter which role you are applying for.
Holmleigh Park is an ambitious academy located in Tuffley, Gloucester. We believe that all children have limitless potential, and are proud to offer a comprehensive education to all students in our local community. We expect all staff, students and parents to embrace our three principles - Work Hard, Be Kind, Take Responsibility - so that our students leave school as ambitious, confident and successful young adults with the highest standards of integrity.
Why join us?
- Impeccable behaviour: Our centralised behaviour system is incredibly simple, meaning every minute of every lesson is disruption-free.
- A common-sense approach to workload: We only expect live-marking in class, and we work collaboratively across the trust to ensure all lessons are resourced centrally.
- Our commitment to genuine development: Our CPD is based on Rosenshine’s principles of teaching, and all teaching staff (including the Headteacher) receive coaching feedback at least every fortnight.
- The opportunity to make a difference: Our school is improving incredibly quickly, and we’re proud to offer all local students a standard of education which we fully expect to outpace the local grammar schools within two years.
- The quality of living: Our easily accessible location is just 15 minutes from the Cotswold Hills, and is within commuting distance from Cheltenham, Bristol and Cardiff.
We are proud members of the Greenshaw Learning Trust, a ‘family’ of like-minded schools, which collaborate to provide mutual support, share their good practice and learn from each other, whilst retaining and developing their own distinctive characters. Join us and see why we are one of the fastest improving MATs in the country.
Our website provides a clear picture of our aspirations and our vision; however, please do not hesitate to contact us to seek further information. We very much look forward to receiving applications from candidates whose personal qualities, values and experiences support and reflect ours. We welcome visits or conversations with prospective applicants. To arrange a tour or a confidential phone call, please contact us directly.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people therefore this appointment will be subject to vetting, including an enhanced DBS disclosure.
We look forward to hearing from you soon.
Holmleigh Park High School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children in line with the DfE guidelines “Safeguarding Children: Safer Recruitment and Selection in Education Settings”.
The school will adhere to the following guidelines:
1. All new staff will be subject to a criminal background check through the Disclosure & Barring Service. This will be an enhanced check for those whose duties include caring for, training or supervising children.
2. All posts at Holmleigh Park High School require an acceptance of the responsibility to safeguard and promote the welfare of children.
3. The selection procedure for all posts will include a consideration of the applicant’s suitability to work with children as well as the post.
4. All applicants must submit a signed application form. This is taken as verification that all statements are true and that the applicant is not in any way disqualified from working with children eg on List 99.
5. Posts at Holmleigh Park High School are exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act of 1974, and if necessary a declaration must be made on the application form.
6. The school will seek references on all short listed candidates prior to interview, and may approach previous employers for information to verify experience or qualifications prior to interviews.
7. Referees should be someone who has had a working or professional relationship with the candidate, and should not be a friend or relative.
8. Referees will be asked about disciplinary offences relating to children including any in which the penalty is time expired, and whether the applicant has been the subject of any child protection concerns and the outcome of that procedure.