Our vision is to become a beacon of educational excellence, transforming the lives of the individuals and communities we serve
Teacher in Civil Construction
Reference Number: SCCG1960
Salary: £23,630—£39,135 per annum.
Incremental progression throughout the band is available
Advert Closing Date: Midnight 14th July 2019
Interview Date: Friday 19th July 2019
Location: University Centre at MediaCityUK
Contract Type: Permanent
Hours per Week: 32.5
We are looking for an outstanding, inspirational and enthusiastic teacher to join the successful Construction department based at our University Centre to teach Civil Construction
The successful applicants will be able to teach level 3 to 4 in HNC Civil.
It is essential for candidates to possess expertise in a variety of subjects and have an excellent understanding of the HE sector, teaching and assessment. It would be advantageous to have experience teaching on BTEC Level 3 and Level 4 Construction courses in addition. It is preferable that applicants have a related degree and a teaching qualification, although we will consider candidates who can demonstrate significant Industry experience and ability to teach content and assess effectively.
We also require applicants to have:
• Relevant industry experience in the Construction/Civil sector
• A good network of industry professionals.
• Be able to undertake subjects such as math’s, science and materials, surveying, Principles of Structural Design and Construction Information
• The ability to utilize new technologies in teaching and learning
Successful candidates must have an absolute commitment to high standards and delivering an outstanding experience and outcome for learners. You will be committed to excellence in teaching and learning with a demonstrable track record.
To apply for this job, please complete the registration and online application form via our website.
For more information, please visit our website and twitter or if you have any queries regarding this vacancy please email HR
Reason to Join Us:
• A range of developmental & career opportunities
• A number of optional Salary Sacrifice Schemes including IT Equipment, Childcare Vouchers & Bikes
• Staff Benefits Package with the best discounts and fabulous savings from high-street retailers, holidays and cinemas
• Various health & wellbeing benefits including discounted gym memberships, confidential staff counselling via CareFirst and health cash plans
• Family Friendly & Flexible Working Policies
Commitment to Safeguarding
As part of our safeguarding commitment we undertake DBS checks as part of our pre-employment procedures on all potential new employees. Appointees will be required to pay for their own DBS checks where applicable to the post.
University Centre is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.