TEACHER OF COMPUTER SCIENCE
Salary Grade: MPS/UPS
Salary Band: £23,719 - £39,406 per annum
Location: The Ridgeway School & Sixth Form College
Contract Term: Permanent
Closing Date: Thursday 23rd May 2019 (noon)
Interview Date: On application
Hours: Full time
Start: 1st September 2019
Please note: Should a suitable candidate be identified during the vacancy live timescale, the vacancy may be closed early.
About the opportunity:
The Computer Science department (which is part of the Maths faculty) are seeking to appoint an innovative and dedicated teacher to join a positive and forward thinking team. Computer science is a core subject at key stage 3 with 2 lessons a fortnight and a popular option at both GCSE and A Level. The requirement is to teach Computer Science to key stage 3 in the first instance (supported by a strong scheme of work and resources), although opportunities exist to teach exam courses at GCSE/A level if desired for the right candidate. We therefore welcome applications from teachers with ICT/Computer Science experience who are looking to move fully into Computer Science or existing Computer Science teachers. This is an excellent opportunity for an enthusiastic teacher to make a significant contribution to Computer Science at The Ridgeway School & Sixth Form College.
The Computer Science department believe in inspiring learners to use computational thinking and creativity to change the world. We are looking for a passionate educator that will help in the delivery of this aim both through lessons and extracurricular activities including a Lego Mindstorms club, visits and competitions. These are an important aspect of the Computer Science curriculum providing opportunities to draw on the local community, industries and the wider world, developing students’ confidence, applying their creative thinking and ability to innovate. It is expected that the appointee will wish to contribute to extra-curricular activities thus maximising student achievement. You will be joining two subject specialists which are fully supported by the Senior Leadership Team and an exceptional IT technical team. Teaching is based across three fully equipped IT rooms with each member of teaching staff being based predominantly in one classroom along with a dedicated working space in a supportive staff work area.
The Ridgeway School & Sixth Form College is committed to ‘Inspiring learners for their future’. We are an ambitious 11-18 school with 1560 students, 200 of which are Sixth Form. The school lies just south of the M4 between junctions 15 & 16, and within easy travelling distance of Bath, Bristol and Reading.
The successful candidate will be:
A dynamic, inspirational and enthusiastic classroom practitioner with high expectations in your own classroom.
- Fully committed to learning, high quality teaching and raising standards of all students.
- Passionate about your subject; able to inspire and motivate students and staff.
- Committed to ensuring all students reach their potential.
- Able to recognise opportunities and face challenges, whilst maintaining your sense of humour and care for young people.
- Capable of promoting partnerships and collaborative working.
- A role model for our students and staff.
We Can Offer You:
A good school and a highly supportive Senior Leadership Team
- An opportunity to develop your leadership skills with an eye towards further leadership.
- A well-resourced, hard-working and supportive team.
- Excellent care and support for all staff.
- Comprehensive induction and on-going opportunities for Professional Development.
- A positive and stimulating learning environment which values the contribution of all staff.
- Enthusiastic students, willing to learn.
Are you looking to move into the area?
It's an exciting prospect to be moving into Swindon. To help you with your search whether you are looking to buy or rent, Right Move has the latest on properties for you to consider!
We know that your role requires you to put a lot of time and effort into it and because of this we believe you should be rewarded. As a White Horse Federation employee you will have access to benefits listed below.
Some benefits are accessible by all staff irrespective of their contract type (T). Some are only eligible to permanent (P) employees following a successful probation period as noted:
Car Purchase scheme (P)
- Reward Gateway discounts (P&T)
- Cashback healthcare plan (P)
- Discounted gym membership scheme (P&T)
- Hire purchase Cycle to Work scheme (P)
- Free and confidential advice, information and counselling service (P&T)
- Excellent Pension scheme (P&T)
The Ridgeway School and Sixth Form College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.