Teacher of Computer Science
Part Time (Approx. 0.6 FTE) or Full Time with Mathematics or Science as a second subject.
Required for September 2020
• 11 – 18 Selective Grammar School situated in the Cotswolds
• 1050 on Roll (and growing)
• Co-educational Sixth Form with over 300 students
• MPS or UPS (inc. NQTs)
We wish to appoint a dynamic and inspirational part time Teacher of Computer Science who will have the desire to assist our Head of Computer Science in taking the department on to even greater success. There is the opportunity for this to be a full time position if the successful candidate is able to teach mathematics and/or science.
Computer Science is a popular and successful subject within the school. Numbers at GCSE are particularly strong, with almost a third of the current Year 10 cohort taking GCSE Computer Science as an option. In 2019 67% of Y11 Computer Science students achieved grades 7-9 at GCSE and at A Level 85% of students in Y13 achieved grades A*-B.
The successful candidate will:
• Have a passion for teaching Computer Science and the ability to inspire both staff and students.
• The ability to teach Computer Science at Key Stage 3 and 4 and a desire to teach it at KS5.
• Insist on a commitment from all young people to achieve success; and will have the ability to motivate students with a focus on maximising attainment.
We welcome applications from both experienced teachers and NQTs.
The school is graded ‘Outstanding’ in all categories and is a National Teaching School. We welcome applications from both experienced teachers and NQTs.
Marling School is a vibrant and exciting teaching and learning environment which places staff wellbeing and development at the centre of its work. Our staff are proud and happy to work here. Reasons for that include:
• A highly committed and supportive staff team
• Interested and well behaved students
• A lesson observation process that is developmental not judgemental
• Sensible assessment policies that promote more feedback and less marking
• A culture of continuing professional development tailored to each staff member’s needs
• Excellent facilities including over £5M new buildings.
Please do not hesitate to contact the Headteacher (c/o Amanda Oxberry) if you wish to discuss the context of the school or the opportunities it has to offer.
Marling School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The appointed person will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS check.
For information and further details please contact Amanda Oxberry, Personal Assistant to the Headteacher
Closing date for applications is Wednesday 22nd January 2020.
Interview date: w/c Monday 27th January 2020
(Please note that interviews may take place ahead of the closing date and therefore early applications are encouraged)
Marling School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The appointed person will be required to undergo an enhanced CRB clearance