A compelling and distinctive opportunity to join the founding team of staff at Brook Mead Academy: help shape the future of Leicester’s newest secondary school.
Teacher of Computer Science to start late August 2022 - MPS / UPS
The Mead Educational Trust (TMET) is a family of 13 primary and secondary schools all based in Leicester and Leicestershire. Together, we seek to Make A Positive Difference to the lives of the children attending our schools. Brook Mead Academy is the newest school in TMET, following on from the successful opening of Castle Mead Academy in September 2019. Brook Mead will also draw on the outstanding provision enjoyed at our flagship secondary school, Rushey Mead Academy, which far exceeds national averages for progress and attainment, placing it year after year in the top 5% of schools nationally.
We know that education has the power to transform lives. At Brook Mead, we are Building Better Futures Together! Staff are united in a mission to excel and secure the best possible future for each scholar by laying the foundations for high academic achievement and all-round personal development.
We believe that knowledge is power and access to powerful knowledge is the right of every child. We are looking for subject enthusiasts and experts ready to take our scholars on an exciting journey through their subject, ensuring they leave with a treasure trove of knowledge and skills which will be theirs forever to use for the betterment of themselves and the world. If you love your subject and want to impart that knowledge to the next generation, please apply.
• This is a unique opportunity to join a founding team to shape a brand-new school. You will join a small and select cadre of staff who will lay the foundations for a truly special and distinctive school.
• Each teacher will be nurtured and we will be “stronger together,” consistently implementing school wide routines to ensure all can thrive.
• Curriculum is king with the discipline of each subject respected and fostered so that scholars really can benefit from the best thought, said and created in every field of human endeavour.
• Professional learning and coaching is available to all and within the school day, underpinned by the Instructional Coaching framework so there is every opportunity to grow as a teacher.
• Staff wellbeing is a priority with constant vigilance around workloads.
• As part of The Mead Educational Trust, you will be able to work with esteemed colleagues at Castle Mead, Rushey Mead and Orchard Mead, as well as colleagues in our primary schools.
• Practice is research informed in every area of work and we will focus on a few key priorities rather than be seduced by gimmicks and quick fixes.
Join us to be build better futures for our scholars to ensure they have a great education and real choices in life.
Closing Date: Monday 17th January 2022 at 9.00 am.
Interviews: Jan - March 2022
Position Start Date: August 2022
Salary: MPS / UPS
Application Pack including Job Description and Person Specification, Teacher of Computer Science, Brook Mead Academy
The successful candidate will be required to undertake an Enhanced DBS Disclosure check.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early if a suitable candidate is found.
Brook Mead Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.