Robert May's School
TEACHER OF COMPUTER SCIENCE AND ICT
Contract: Permanent. Full time or part time hours considered
Start date: September 2021
We are seeking to appoint an exceptional and inspiring Teacher of Computer Science and ICT who is passionate about their subject and able to make a positive contribution to the learning experiences of our students. You will be teaching across the age and attainment range at both Key Stage 3 and 4 in an environment where students are well behaved and keen to do well. Computer Science and ICT are popular GCSE options with around a third of each cohort studying one or both courses in years 10 and 11.
Applications from Newly Qualified Teachers or experienced teachers are encouraged and a comprehensive induction and support package would be available if appropriate.
At RMS, we are looking for someone who:
- Has excellent subject knowledge and strong teaching skills
- Is able to build positive relationships with all learners and is committed to raising attainment of all students
- Will work collaboratively within the Computer Science team to contribute to the success of the department
- Is willing to commit to extracurricular activities that add value to the school and local community
- Is able to respond positively and creatively to the changing expectations of the subject
In return, we can offer:
- Excellent support and fantastic opportunities for continuing professional development
- High priority given to staff and student well-being
- A dedicated and hardworking team who place excellent student outcomes at the heart of everything
- Supportive families who value education and great students who want to learn
- A well-resourced curriculum area
- A broad, exciting and personalised curriculum with a focus on collaborative planning
- Consistently excellent student attainment and progress
We have high expectations of all our students and are committed to the personal and professional development of our staff. Robert May’s School, which dates from 1694, is a high attaining and oversubscribed 11-16 Academy school with a distinctive ethos based on the charitable principles of our founder. We are situated in a semi-rural setting in Hampshire, near Junction 5 of the M3 with good rail and road access. We would welcome the opportunity for an informal chat or visit. Please contact Lisa Shackleton, HR Officer for further information or to arrange a visit.
Deadline for applications: Thursday 20th May 2021 (midday). Interviews will take place as soon as possible afterwards.
Robert Mays School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.