St Peter's is a renowned successful school and sixth form in Guildford. We have an exciting opportunity to appoint an enthusiastic and dynamic Teacher of Computing, starting in September 2019. MPS/UPS Fringe & £500 Starting Bonus
About St Peter’s:
• An extremely successful school and sixth form, set in attractive grounds on the outskirts of Guildford.
• Standards are high and academic progress excellent, with very good facilities and resources.
• Community is a key aspect of our ethos; relationships between students and staff are excellent.
• A partner school of Teach Southeast, an initial teacher training (ITT) provider.
What we can offer you:
• A £500 starting bonus for the right candidate.
• An outstanding, high quality weekly training programme for NQT’s, to help you to become a confident, outstanding teaching professional.
• A friendly, supportive environment, where best practise is shared to ensure high quality teaching and continuous development.
• Excellent personal development at all levels with access to national professional qualifications for middle and senior management.
• Free access to Spectrum, Guildford, Sports Centre. Including the gym, group exercise classes, spa and pool.
About the Computing Department:
• As a team we are friendly, hardworking, positive and passionate about our subject. We work hard to engage and inspire all students. We share ideas and resources and work in a highly effective and collaborative way.
• We are a successful and busy department. The emphasis over the next year is to further develop the Mastery model within our KS3 curriculum and increase recruitment to GCSE Computer Science.
• An enthusiastic and dynamic teacher of Computing.
• Experienced and NQT applications are welcome.
• Unsure? Why not visit the school for a tour and let us answer any questions you may have.
If you are passionate about your subject and want to really make a difference to the lives of young people then St Peter’s could be the school for you.
Our next interview date is Thursday 23rd May. Alternative Interview dates will be arranged as suitable applications are received so an early application is advised.
If you would like to visit the school for a tour or have any other queries, please contact Michelle Gallagher, HR Manager.
St Peters Catholic School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
The Successful applicant will be required to undertake an enhanced check via the Disclosure and Barring Service.