Required for January or Easter 2021 - Fixed term until 31st August 2021
Full Time or Part Time (0.6FTE/0.8 FTE)
Closing date: 9am on Monday 9th November 2020
Interview date: Week beginning 16th November 2020
We are looking to appoint a high quality, enthusiastic Design and Technology Teacher to join our large, successful Design and Technology department. If you have the desire to make a real difference to the lives of young children and want to join a team of highly dedicated staff, then we would love to hear from you. We would be particularly interested to hear from applicants who are able to teach Food Technology as well as the other general design and technology subjects.
This role would be suitable for an experienced teacher or an NQT looking to start their teaching career within a large secondary school which provides looks of opportunities as well as working within a supportive department
The Design and Technology Curriculum Team comprises of six teachers, covering the subject areas of Resistant Materials, Food, Textiles, Electronics and Engineering. There are two technicians working in the technology areas.
Holyrood is a large 11-18 Academy with 1280 students, including a Sixth form of 200 students based in the market town of Chard in South Somerset. On the 1st September we were pleased to join the high performing Uffculme Academy Trust.
We will ensure the successful candidate has:
- Comprehensive induction including a dedicated mentor
- Continuous professional development and improvement
- The opportunity to contribute to raising standards for all our students
- An open professional culture and learning community;
- Opportunities for and dedication to your professional development;
- Opportunities to work across the Trust;
- Opportunities to contribute to our wide-ranging and popular extra-curricular and inter-House program of activities;
- Membership of the Benenden Health provision. For permanent members of staff
Further details are included in the applicant information pack
Holyrood Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.