Hours: Full Time/Part time negotiable
Contract: Fixed Term until Summer 2021
Start Date: January 2021
The Mead Educational Trust (TMET) exists to improve the life chances of children and young people. At the heart of all we do is a commitment to provide our academies access to a world-class education, excellent school-to-school support and to provide our staff with an employer keen to provide high quality professional development.
Orchard Mead Academy is proud to serve a uniquely diverse community in the North Eastern outskirts of the City of Leicester, in it’s larger than average 11-16 mixed comprehensive school which benefited from a £19m rebuild as part of the national Building Schools for the Future programme.
Orchard Mead Academy shares the ethos, vision and values of TMET which is for each and every member of the school community to Make a Positive Difference. The Academy is proud to have a broad, rich and ambitious curriculum, enabling each student to develop their voice, talents and abilities.
The staff, students and families at Orchard Mead Academy work together to support each learner, making sure they have every opportunity to achieve. Its hope is that by the time students graduate Year 11 they will be successful, confident and equipped with the skills to Make A Positive Difference to themselves, their families and the wider world.
We are looking to appoint subject experts and enthusiasts to our happy and cohesive Maths team.
This is a school where:
- Design & Technology is a subject that is valued by students and families.
- The team is highly experienced and very cohesive.
- The curriculum is rich, ambitious and well planned
- Resources are centrally produced, saving on workload.
- Smart workload efficient ways of feedback to students are in place.
- Behaviour management is centralised and teachers are enabled to flourish.
The successful candidate will teach Design & Technology through the age range 11-16. The post would suit an NQT or an experienced teacher looking to further their experience.
Please see the attached Job Description and Person Specification for more information.
The successful candidate will be required to undertake an Enhanced DBS Disclosure check.
How to apply
If you are interested in this post, please complete the application form online.
A letter detailing why you are a suitable candidate for the position should accompany your completed application form.
Please see the documents listed below, which may assist you in making your application:
- Applicant pack
- Job description
- Application and Recruitment Process document
Closing date: Sunday 15th November 2020, 11.59pm
Interview date: TBC
Orchard Mead Academy is committed to:
- Safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
- Equal opportunities and equal value for staff and students, and prevention of discrimination in its many forms.
NO AGENCIES OR CVs PLEASE
Orchard Mead Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.