Full-time - Permanent |Start date: September 2019
| Salary: MPS/UPS | NQTs welcome to apply
To further strengthen the study of Design Technology we offer to students at Key Stage 3 and 4 we are looking to appoint an additional teaching colleague who has the ability and desire to help young people achieve.
You will play an active role in the department supporting the continued development of the quality of teaching at Hamilton Academy. In return we can offer strong leadership and investment in your professional development that will build on your potential. Our culture is based on shared values and collaboration with committed professional and well-qualified colleagues, strong support from senior leaders and a superb working environment. The ideal candidate will have a passion for Design Technology and the ability to offer teaching in all areas of DT.
We aim to achieve a DT department where;
• Students learn real skills to use in future jobs
• The impact of products, and design on the world is understood
• Students are engaged with the subject and inspired to develop their DT skills
• The professional learning of teachers and development of their subject knowledge is a priority.
We can offer you:
• A friendly and supportive working environment with enthusiastic and dedicated leaders and senior and middle leadership levels and a commitment to the professional development of staff.
• Career development and recruitment incentives with access and support to follow middle leadership programmes e.g. NPQML and Teaching Leaders.
• Access to CPD to help you grow and develop in your role.
• Focussed support on your wellbeing. TMET has partnered with Amica to offer free counselling and support to our staff.
Teachers will be supported and encouraged to develop their practice by engaging in opportunities to collaborate and share ideas with colleagues within our Professional Learning programme.
The Academy is well placed to offer a comprehensive support package to NQTs from all routes into teaching, including PGCE, SCITT and Schools Direct. Both new and established teachers will be supported and encouraged to develop their practice by engaging in opportunities to collaborate and share ideas with colleagues within our Professional Learning programme.
The Mead Educational Trust (TMET) is a growing partnership of primary and secondary schools situated in the East Midlands. TMET provides its academies access to a world-class education network and staff with an employer providing high quality professional development. We are committed to ensuring each Academy enables every pupil to achieve the very best. We believe that together we make a positive difference.
Hamilton Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. We expect all members of staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (1974) and a comprehensive screening process is followed for each candidate. This will include an enhanced DBS check (formerly known as Criminal Records Bureau Disclosure).
We are committed to equality of opportunity and actively encourage applications from all sections of the community.
All candidates are advised to refer to the job description and person specification before making an application. In line with our safeguarding practices we are unable to accept CVs and ask that you complete the TMET Application Form in order for your application to be considered. Please submit your application via the eteach website.
Visits to the school are welcome. Please contact the school to arrange.
Hamilton Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.