St Peter's is a renowned successful school and sixth form in Guildford. We have an exciting opportunity to appoint an enthusiastic and dynamic individual to join our Design and Technology department, ideally specialising in Resistant Materials. Part-time, starting in September 2021. MPS/UPS Fringe
About St Peter’s:
St Peter’s Catholic School, part of the Xavier Catholic Education Trust, is an extremely successful school and Sixth Form set in attractive grounds on the outskirts of Guildford, with onsite parking. Standards are high and academic progress excellent, with very good facilities and resources. Community is a key aspect of our ethos; relationships between students and staff are excellent. We are also a partner school of Teach Southeast, an initial teacher training (ITT) provider.
What we can offer you:
• An outstanding, high quality weekly training programme for NQT’s, to help you to become a confident, outstanding teaching professional.
• A friendly, supportive environment where best practise is shared to ensure high quality teaching and continuous development.
• Excellent personal development at all levels with access to national professional qualifications for middle and senior management.
• An extensive range of benefits and discounts with the Surrey County Council MyBenefits Scheme.
• All staff benefit from free access to Guildford Spectrum, sports Centre. Including the gym, group exercise classes, spa and pool.
• Although this is initially a temporary one year contract, there may be the possibility of a permanent contract next year.
About the Design Technology Department:
• We currently teach Resistant Materials, Textiles, Food, Systems and Control and Graphics and have a wide range of up to date well maintained, modern equipment with six Design Technology subject specific teaching rooms.
• As a team we are friendly, hardworking, positive and passionate about our subject. We work hard to develop exciting projects that will capture imaginations and make learning fun. We share ideas and resources and work in a highly effective and collaborative way.
• We have two technicians who work closely with teaching staff to ensure smooth running of the department and to provide the best possible experience for our students.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and dynamic teacher of Design Technology, able to teach Key Stage 3 & 4 Resistant Materials & Graphics. An ability to teach Key Stage 5 Product Design and other DT subjects is desirable but not necessary. Both experienced and NQT applications are welcome.
Unsure? Why not visit the school for a tour and let us answer any questions you may have.
If you are passionate about your subject and want to really make a difference to the lives of young people then St Peter’s could be the school for you.
Our roles can receive high volumes of applicants and we may need to occasionally close a vacancy before the published closing date of the advert. Interviews will be arranged as suitable applications are received. We do not want you to miss out, so recommend that you submit your application as soon as possible.
If you would like to visit the school for a tour or have any other queries, please contact Michelle Gallagher, HR Manager.
This School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The Successful applicant will be required to undertake an enhanced check via the Disclosure and Barring Service.