Teacher of Design Technology and Engineering with TLR2a, with responsibility for Design Technology required for 2nd September 2022 – full time, permanent contract
This is an exciting opportunity for an exceptional candidate who will work within the AOLE of Science and Technology as a Design Technology and Engineering teacher and have the opportunity to be part of exciting and evolving curriculum pathways for learners across all key stages. The Leader of Skills will support the Director of Standards in leading the subject of Design Technology and Engineering.
Bassaleg School is a successful, thriving 11-18 mixed comprehensive school in which pupils have very positive attitudes towards their learning and are supported fully in all aspects of wellbeing. At Bassaleg we prioritise the development of outstanding learning and teaching alongside wellbeing; both lie at the very heart of our ethos. In an environment in which all members of the school community are cared for, valued and listened to, we support and challenge our students to aspire to be the very best that they can be; enabling them to be responsible, capable and ambitious citizens. We have the highest expectations of our pupils and staff; we are very proud of pupils’ attainment across all key stages and of the dynamic and supportive learning community we have created, as an ‘Innovation School’ for the new curriculum.
At an exciting time in Welsh Education, we pride ourselves on being able to provide an inspired, creative and ambitious curriculum for all of our learners. Anyone choosing to join our school community would be rewarded with extensive Professional Learning opportunities; our friendly team of highly skilled and enthusiastic staff are supported by motivated pupils and an active body of parents and Governors. 21st century schools’ money recently awarded to Bassaleg School will also result in significant improvement to our current facilities across a very large site in coming months; thus ensuring that our environment and resources fully reflect the innovation and creativity within our curriculum and dynamic pedagogical approaches.
A suitable candidate will be:
- passionate about the teaching of Design Technology and Engineering and creating a dynamic, creative and purposeful learning environment for all pupils and staff within his/her team;
- a highly effective classroom practitioner, making use of a wide range of pedagogical methods to meet the needs of all learners to support them in successfully moving through the progression steps;
- able to actively seek out new and best practice in pedagogy and share findings to improve practice within and between AOLEs;
- a professional learning role model, able to review a range of pedagogic approaches from a range of sources, then trial and reflect on such practices ready for effective implementation;
- able to develop and embed effective formative assessment to support progression in learning;
- able to support colleagues in planning for and building cross curricular links/themes between subjects and AOLEs, and be able to develop rich, coherent, authentic and complex learning experiences for learners;
- actively engaged in collaborative professional learning opportunities with Leaders of Skills across the curriculum and promote effective collaboration within all staff across the AOLE;
- a coordinator of innovation across the AOLE;
- able to take professional responsibility for supporting and enabling success of others.
Please apply on line below and contact the Headteacher’s PA: Miss Amy Hortin should you have any questions about the post.
Bassaleg School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.
We are legally obliged to ask you to provide evidence of your right to work in the UK. If you are invited to interview, you will be asked to provide appropriate documents such as your full birth certificate/passport/work permit in accordance with the Asylum and Immigration Act 1996.
This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (1974) and a comprehensive screening process will be undertaken on all applicants. This will include an enhanced check with the Disclosure and Barring Service.