Teacher of Design Technology
Textiles to KS3 & Art Textiles to KS4
Required for September 2019
Part Time (0.8) MPS/UPS
We are an oversubscribed and highly successful 11-16 school that strives for every student to be the best that they can be, both inside and outside of the classroom. We were judged as good in all areas at our recent Ofsted inspection (October 2017).
Our curriculum offers Ceramics, Product Design, Graphics, Art, Food and Textiles.
Governors therefore wish to appoint a Teacher of Textiles with drive, energy and enthusiasm, who will assist in taking The Roundhill Academy forward at this extremely exciting time in our development.
Applications from NQT’s and more experienced colleagues welcome.
We can offer:
- A good school in all areas of our recent Ofsted inspection (October 2017)
- A strong ethos and culture of support and guidance to all
- A committed and motivated team
- Enthusiastic students, willing to learn
- Excellent behaviour for learning
You will be:
- A dynamic, inspirational and enthusiastic classroom practitioner
- Able to teach Textiles at Key Stage 3 and Key Stage 4
- Able to recognise opportunities and face challenges
- Capable of promoting partnerships and collaborative working
- A role model for our students and staff
Visits to the school are warmly welcomed. Please contact Joanna Chapman, Head of Faculty, The Arts for further details. The Roundhill Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young students and expects all staff to share this commitment. The successful applicant will need to undertake an Enhanced DBS check.
We believe this role offers a unique opportunity to shape a new educational experience within a high performing and already established community.
Closing date for applications is Midday Friday 29th March 2019
Interviews will be held Week Commencing 8th April 2019
The Roundhill Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.