One Year Maternity Cover
Required from Autumn Term 2020
Full Time or Part Time
Do you want to make a profound positive difference?
Have you got what it takes?
Would you like to be part of something special?
If so, join our team at Babington Academy for a career without limits.
We are delighted to offer this exciting opportunity for an inspirational a Teacher of Design Technology/Art to join our very talented team and cover a period of maternity leave on a one year contract. The ideal candidate will be ambitious, passionate and committed and will want to help make a profound positive difference to our school community. Our DT & Art team is a strong and well established department.
This is a very exciting time to join Babington Academy. We are part of the Leicester City expansion plan therefore we are growing rapidly; we are a vibrant and diverse 11-16 school where our students are our best resource and is a place where the best teachers can make a huge difference to the outcomes of our students. We were judged as Outstanding by Ofsted in March 2013 and moved into a brand new building in September 2014, offering excellent teaching and learning facilities across all departments.
Proud to be Babington
• That every day you'll get the opportunity to inspire young people and use your skills to give something back. Our students are amazing… that’s a promise!
• To support you to grow professionally and personally by providing excellent professional development within our supportive community where staff debate teaching and learning. In addition to our Academy based CPD programme, staff can also opt in to Trust led professional development including our bespoke Aspiring Leaders course, ‘Good to outstanding programme’ and shadowing/visits/secondment opportunities
• Excellent opportunities for rapid promotion, at whatever point you are at in your career, and support this in the following ways:
- Our NQT programme is particularly strong
- We encourage, and support staff, to apply for externally accredited courses offering places on the following courses; NPQH, NPQSL, NPQML, HLTA
- We currently have 8 Specialist Leaders in Education (SLEs). Will you be our 9th SLE?
- that working in our calm, child-centred, supportive and well-resourced environment will ensure you thrive!
- That you, like all of us, will be proud to be Babington
If you are ambitious, passionate and want to make a profound positive difference as part of our outstanding team, we would love to hear from you.
• Do YOU want to make a profound positive difference?
• Have YOU got what it takes?
• Would YOU like to be part of something special?
If you can answer yes to the questions above and would like to apply please contact Mike Sherwin on the below details. Applications are welcome from both NQTs and more experienced colleagues.
Closing date: asap and by Wednesday 8th July 2020.
Strong applications will be considered upon receipt.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Applicants will be required to undertake pre-employment checks, such as an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) Check. Applicants who will be undertaking early and/or later years childcare (or the management of such childcare) will be required to complete a declaration that neither they, nor anyone who lives in the same household, is a disqualified person under the Childcare (Disqualification) Regulations 2009.