There has never been a more exciting time to join HVS with our recent 'Outstanding' ofsted inspection, brand new building and relentless commitment to developing our team.
We are looking for a passionate, talented and rigorous Drama teacher to join our dedicated faculty in helping the School on its journey to becoming an established and outstanding community School. The successful candidate will have the exciting opportunity to teach a KS3 and KS4 curriculum which is bespoke, challenging and fit for the needs of 21st century life.
We are looking for an inspirational teacher who embraces creativity, innovation and is always looking for the very best practice in teaching. They will share the School's vision and the belief that all young people can achieve at high levels.
Hoe Valley School is:
- An oversubscribed secondary school which opened in September 2015 to serve the local community of South Woking
- Rated ‘Outstanding’ by Ofsted in June 2018
- Delivering innovative and exciting lessons to years 7, 8, 9, 10 & 11
- Committed to ensuring our students leave us with excellent academic outcomes, the skills to be ‘work-ready’ and the traits of excellent global citizens
- Following the national curriculum offering an extended day allowing time for additional Maths and English along with time for all students to complete their homework during the compulsory day
- A Google School with ICT fully embedded in all curriculum areas
- Opening a STEAM focussed academic 6th Form in September 2023
- Committed to learning which is relevant with links to the ‘real world’ of business, higher education and the local community
- In a state of the art new School completed in September 2018 on Egley Road, Woking with dedicated Performing Arts areas (purpose built Drama studio with a large drama space equipped for lessons and performances)
- Committed to supporting our staff to have a good work / life balance by offering longer school holidays, bespoke CPD programmes, minimising paperwork and meetings and ultimately by trusting our staff to deliver excellent outcomes
This is a rare opportunity to be part of a School's development at an 'outstanding' school and to see your career grow as the School grows.
Deadline for application is:
Sunday 28th March 2021
Applications are considered as they are received, we reserve the right to make an appointment prior to the closing date.
Only fully completed application forms received by the stated deadline for applications will be accepted as valid applications.
CV’s will not be accepted as applications. No recruitment agencies please.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All successful appointments are subject to a satisfactory Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) Enhanced check. Applicants must have the right to work in the UK.