Teacher of Drama with English
MPS ( 1- 6 Inner London)
Required January 2022
We are looking to appoint a teacher of Drama to join our successful department from January 2022.
Key responsibilities will include:
• implement and deliver an appropriately broad, balanced, relevant and differentiated curriculum for students and support a designated curriculum area or areas, as appropriate;
• monitor and support the overall progress and development of students as a teacher/Form Tutor;
• facilitate and encourage a learning experience which provides students with the opportunity to achieve their individual potential;
• contribute to raising standards of student attainment;
• share and support the School's responsibility to provide and monitor opportunities for personal and academic growth;
• S/he will also contribute to the school’s literacy policy and undertake some Drop Everything and Read lessons with Year 7 and Year 8 classes
• S/he shall ensure undertake extra-curricular activities related to Drama – such as an annual Drama production and theatre visits.
JFS is a co-educational inclusive, modern, orthodox Jewish school that strives to produce well-educated, faithful and proud Jews who will be responsible and contributing members of society. JFS is a truly wonderful school. This is clear from our stunning annual public examination results which see us consistently placed in the top five schools in the country outside the independent sector.
Our modern campus is on a 26-acre greenfield site with a welcoming inclusive and warm, caring family environment. JFS was re-accredited with Investors in People status and achieved the Gold Award.
Applications from teachers of faith or non-faith backgrounds are most welcome
For an application pack, please visit our website
Closing date for applications: noon on Monday 27 September 2021
Interview date to be confirmed
Please note that CVs alone will not be accepted.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff to share this commitment. The appointment will be subject to pre-employment checks, including satisfactory Enhanced Level DBS clearance.
JFS School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.