We are looking for an outstanding and inspirational Design and Technology Teacher to work across both our Fishponds and Brentry sites. St Matthias Academy offers full time education for pupils who have been permanently excluded and for those at risk of permanent exclusion from schools across the Centre, North and East of the City of Bristol. We work to create a learning environment which encourages the development of mutual respect, positive relationships and social responsibility leading towards educational and personal success.
KS3/4 Teacher of D&T
MPS + 1 SEN
Full Time, Fixed Term Contract until 31/08/20 with the possibility to become permanent.
Start date: 21/10/2019 or earlier if possible.
For this post you will need:
- experience of teaching D&T at KS3 and KS4
- to be able to motivate and engage young people with social, emotional and behavioural difficulties
- proven experience in managing disaffected pupils with challenging behaviour
- to promote positive behaviour
- excellent communication and organisational skills
- to be able to rise to the challenge with a smile
We can offer:
- varied and challenging work with young people, parents/carers and other professionals
- a chance to make a real contribution to the effective working of the team
- professional development opportunities
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. We expect all staff to share this commitment and to undergo appropriate checks, including enhanced DBS checks.
More information is available from the Headteacher, Ms Aileen Morrison. Visits to the school are welcomed.
Closing date: Friday 28th September 2019, 12 noon
Interviews to be held w/c 30th September 2019
St Matthias Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.