TEACHER OF DT, maternity cover
MPS/UPR (OUTER LONDON)
Full time or part time (minimum 4 days per week)
From January 2021
We are seeking an enthusiastic and committed Teacher of DT, who has the knowledge and love of their subject to inspire students, in a school where a ‘Love of Learning’ is evident in every student interaction.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a department where creativity merges with design and engineering to stunning effect. The dedicated work of the DT department and enthusiasm for the subject has resulted in two Sixth Form students recently receiving Arkwright Scholarships.
This post would suit someone able to teach Resistant Materials to KS4 and all areas at KS3. The successful candidate could be a well-qualified new entrant to the profession, or someone who wants to broaden their experiences in a high achieving context.
Candidates suitable for the role will:
• be able to teach Resistant Materials to KS4.
• be at an advantage if they can Product Design to KS5 and Food Technology to KS3
• be an excellent classroom practitioner
• be able to stretch and challenge able students to achieve highly
• have the ability to communicate effectively with all staff, students and parents
We can offer:
• the opportunity to join a highly successful DT department with a wide range of experience and expertise
• a stimulating and creative environment that has the opportunity to develop links with STEAM projects
• the support of a dedicated technician
• a CPD provision tailored to your needs focusing on areas of research and development
• a supportive environment where the work-life balance of teachers is proactively supported
• a two week October half term
• numerous other benefits (please see our attached information pack)
The Tiffin Girls’ School is ideally situated just fifteen minutes’ walk from Kingston upon Thames town centre and mainline station (Zone 6). For further information about our school please see our web site. Please apply using the downloadable application form on this page or available on our website or from the school office.
Closing date: 9 am Thursday 8th October
Interviews: Tuesday 13th October
The Tiffin Girls’ School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share and support this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to both a full employment history and child protection check, and will also be required to undertake an enhanced Disclosure and Barring (criminal record) check.