TEACHER OF ENGLISH
Salary Grade: MPS/UPS
Salary Band: £23,719 - £39,406 per annum
Location: The Ridgeway School & Sixth Form College
Contract Type: Permanent
Closing Date: Friday 15th February 2019 (noon)
Interview Date: February/March 2019
Hours: Full Time
Start: September 2019
Please note: should a suitable candidate be identified during the vacancy live timescale, the vacancy may be closed early.
About the opportunity:
We are looking to appoint an imaginative, enthusiastic Teacher of English whose excellent practice maximises student achievement across all three Key Stages.
The English Faculty is housed in a modern, purpose built block and benefits from the latest technology. The successful candidate will be passionate about English and will contribute innovative ways to accelerate progress in all areas of the curriculum.
A comprehensive programme of support and training will be made available to the successful applicant. Any NQT appointed will be supported with a reduced timetable, a mentor and a strong commitment to his/her professional development.
The Ridgeway School & Sixth Form College is committed to ‘Inspiring learners for their future’. We are an ambitious 11-18 school with 1560 students, 200 of which are Sixth Form. The school lies just south of the M4 between junctions 15 & 16, and within easy travelling distance of Bath, Bristol and Reading.
The successful candidate will be:
- A dynamic, inspirational and enthusiastic classroom practitioner with high expectations in your own classroom.
- Fully committed to learning, high quality teaching and raising standards of all students.
- Passionate about your subject; able to inspire and motivate students and staff.
- Committed to ensuring all students reach their potential.
- Able to recognise opportunities and face challenges, whilst maintaining your sense of humour and care for young people.
- Capable of promoting partnerships and collaborative working.
- A role model for our students and staff.
We Can Offer You:
- A good school and a highly supportive Senior Leadership Team
- An opportunity to develop your leadership skills with an eye towards further leadership.
- A well-resourced, hard-working and supportive team.
- Excellent care and support for all staff.
- Comprehensive induction and on-going opportunities for Professional Development.
- A positive and stimulating learning environment which values the contribution of all staff.
- Enthusiastic students, willing to learn.
We know that your role requires you to put a lot of time and effort into it and because of this we believe you should be rewarded. As a White Horse Federation employee you will have access to benefits listed below.
Some benefits are accessible by all staff irrespective of their contract type (T). Some are only eligible to permanent (P) employees following a successful probation period as noted:
Car Purchase scheme (P)
Perkz discounts (P&T)
Cashback healthcare plan (P)
Discounted gym membership scheme (P&T)
Hire purchase Cycle to Work scheme (P)
Childcare vouchers (P&T)
Free and confidential advice, information and counselling service (P&T)
Excellent Pension scheme (P&T)
The Ridgeway School and Sixth Form College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.