Required from April 2019, an exceptional English Teacher.
This is an ideal opportunity for a highly motivated and ambitious colleague to come and make their mark in a school full of talented and motivated students. If you feel you have the pedagogical skills, people skills and resilience required to have a transformational impact on our students then please apply.
To be successful, you will have:
• A track record high effective teaching
• An understanding of strategies and approaches to enable all students to progress in English
• An unswerving belief in the transformational power of education in unlocking the potential our students
• A passion for your subject and a belief that all students can and must make progress
• The ability to inspire and ensure that all students achieve their full potential
• The ability to empathise with but maintain professional distance in one’s dealings with students.
• Strong behaviour management and relationship building skills
• A commitment to, and have a strong track record of, raising achievement
• Have the humility required to be a team player with a positive mind-set
In return we offer:
• wonderful students and staff
• a school committed to excellence that values staff and students
• a school with a strong sense of community, clarity and core purpose
• a commitment to a full and varied professional learning programme which offers teaching and leadership development for our staff
• a caring and welcoming environment with a focus on respect
Marlwood School is part of CSET Academy Trust and is set in a semi-rural position on the outskirts of Alveston. Marlwood School is an academy within CSET. Local to Marlwood School, CSET academies include The Castle School, Charfield Primary School and Severn Beach Primary School.
CSET is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. As part of this commitment any job offer will be subject to child protection screening appropriate to the post, which will include an enhanced DBS check for the children’s workforce and a Children’s Barred List check.
Closing date: 9am on Wednesday, 13th February 2019
Interview date: Thursday 14th February 2019
Castle School Education Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment.
As part of this commitment, any offer of employment will be subject to child protection screening appropriate to the post which will include an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check for the Children’s Workforce and a Children’s Barred List check.