To commence September 2019
If you are a talented, highly motivated practitioner with the ability and enthusiasm to deliver innovative and enjoyable lessons to students, we would love to hear from you. The English department is a strong and thriving department, staffed by a committed, collaborative and supportive team. Exam results are outstanding at KS4 and KS5.
Hinchley Wood is an inclusive, high achieving and highly sought after school with 1,300 students on roll including 240 in our 6th form. Located on the borders of SW London, we pride ourselves on celebrating student progress and development as well as academic achievement. In 2018 our Progress 8 score of +0.90 put us in the top 5% of schools nationally, and we are in the 100 top performing schools in England and Wales in terms of the progress our students make between the end of Key Stage 2 and their GCSEs. Our 6th Form value added score of +0.39 also puts us in the top 100 schools nationally.
The role is suitable for either a newly qualified teacher or an experienced practitioner. We offer:
• a competitive salary (London Fringe Pay Scale);
• Two week Autumn half term and a minimum two week break over the Christmas period;
• Friday afternoon non-contact time;
• Priority admissions criteria for children of staff (see application pack);
• interest free travel/relocation loan;
• on site gym; and
• professional development support and an extensive CPD programme.
If you are an NQT, joining Hinchley Wood School would be an excellent start to your teaching career with benefits including:
• An established and extensive NQT programme;
• Support and expertise of departmental mentors;
• A tailor-made whole school professional development programme;
• Support network of other NQTs across subject areas;
• Mid-year residential opportunity; and
• A two week paid induction during July.
We welcome pre-application visits, please contact us if you would like to do this. Application packs are available here or from our website, please indicate if you are looking for part time.
Closing date for applications: Monday 25th February 2019 (8.00 am)
Interviews are planned for Monday 4th March
Hinchley Wood School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The position advertised is subject to an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service Check.
Hinchley Wood School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The position advertised is subject to an Enhanced Criminal Record Check.