Teacher Of English - Fixed Term Contract
Salary: £26,458 - £41,063 (for NQT and Qualified Teachers)
Contract: Fixed term for 1 year, Full Time
Start Date: January 2020
The Thinking Schools Academy Trust is in the Top 10 performing Multi Academy Trusts for KS4 progress
“Holcombe Grammar School deliver an inspiring curriculum” – Ofsted April 2018
We are seeking to appoint an exceptional, energetic and inspirational Teacher or Teacher Trainee of English to join Holcombe Grammar School on a 1 year fixed term basis. There is the potential this could extend to a permanent position.
The successful applicant will join a team who thrive on working in a supportive and collaborative environment. Our latest Ofsted report stated “success rates in English are significantly above national norms”.
We require a gifted/talented teacher who can convey their passion for their subject to the school and its wider community.
We are a successful grammar school for students aged 11-18 with aspirational ambitions for our students whilst maintaining a long-standing reputation for being a supportive and caring environment in which to teach and learn.
After the school’s 'Good' Ofsted judgement in April 2018, Holcombe Grammar School continues its journey towards becoming one of the most successful grammar schools in the Southeast.
What you will get from Holcombe Grammar School:
- Work with parents who are supportive of our school values and ethos
- Vast support network from senior leaders and other teachers within the school and our trust.
- Benefit from an internationally accredited pedagogy approach to thinking and learning - proven to enhance classroom practice
- Outstanding CPD tailored to you, wherever you are in your career
- Support from across the Trust to help you deliver outstanding teaching and learning through resources, mentoring and school visits
- Access to the New Horizons Teaching Alliance, offering a wide range of robust and innovatory development resources and expertise
- Reduced membership of a fully-equipped fitness suite and classes – located on the site of Holcombe Grammar School
- A 24/7 employee assistance programme which provides counselling and support / advice on a wide array of areas
- Free parking onsite
- Opportunity to work in a campus of well-appointed buildings centred around the historic Holcombe Manor
- Easy access to M2, M20 and M25
What you will need to succeed:
The successful candidate will be an outstanding, student-centred classroom practitioner possessing a depth of subject knowledge and able to inspire and enthuse our wonderful, intelligent students. He or she will be fully acquainted with the demands and requirements of the new KS4 and KS5 curricula. Very importantly, our new colleague will wish to become part of the team that leads Holcombe Grammar School from Good to Outstanding and will be willing to do all that it takes to get us there.
As part of The Thinking Schools Academy Trust, we benefit from working cohesively as a family of schools for the benefit of our children, and for the adults who work here too. The Trust supports with planning, trips, events, CPD and much more to ensure that all of our teachers are fully supported, enabling them to ensure that they can deliver the best learning that we can offer. Our mission is to “transform life chances”; at The Thinking Schools Academy Trust we believe education has the power to change lives and children only have one chance to get this right. To ensure all our academies focus on our mission school leaders translated our mission to core values that would be demonstrated and evident in all our Academies:
Child First, Aspire, Challenge, Achieve
What you need to do now:
If you are interested in working in our school, benefiting from a supportive network of teachers across our large academy and our Trust and you are keen to progress your career, then please apply today!
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
This School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. DBS disclosures at enhanced levels and Children’s Barred List check will be required prior to any offer of employment