Teacher of English
Required as soon as possible
Temporary to 31 August 2021
Full time, but part time may be considered
Are you a passionate, high-performing qualified English Teacher, looking for a new challenge? Bristol Free School is recruiting for a teacher of English to join our friendly, dedicated team.
If you are an outstanding classroom practitioner with a passion for English, reading and student learning, we would welcome your application. We are a vibrant and thriving school with a creative and dynamic community of students and teachers. We would welcome applications from experienced English teachers and NQTs.
Why Join Bristol Free School?
• BFS is a vibrant and successful school, serving the community of North West Bristol. It is situated in a well-connected location, from which it is easy to access the city and motorway network
• BFS is part of the Russell Education Trust. The school was established in September 2011 and in a short space of time, has become a very successful and oversubscribed local community school
• BFS has a fantastic reputation not only for academic development but for our broad extra-curricular opportunities for sport, music and wider cultural experiences
We place our students at the centre of all our decision making and have the highest aspiration for their outcomes. Our values “Community, Ambition and Opportunity” are at the heart of everything we do.
• A forward-thinking approach to learning and teaching
• A school that is fully dedicated to developing every student to reach their full potential, irrespective of their ability
• Bristol Free School is a Russell Education Trust school offering the opportunity for collaborative working and development across the Trust’s five schools and excellent Continuous Professional Development opportunities
• A dedicated and friendly team of professionals who are keen to develop and learn
We are looking for a candidate who:
• Is committed to ensuring that all our students achieve their full potential
• Is committed and actively supports our school values and our inclusive ethos
• Has strong subject knowledge and recent relevant teaching experience
• Can work collaboratively with staff, parents and other professionals to ensure an inclusive approach is adopted and students’ outcomes are the best they can be
Safeguarding and Equality Statement: Bristol Free School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Applications are welcome from all suitably qualified candidates regardless of ethnicity, gender, age or disability.
If you feel ready for this opportunity, we look forward to hearing from you.
Closing date: Friday 27 November 9am
Interviews: To be confirmed
Find out more about this exciting opportunity by viewing the application pack documents and visiting our school website. We look forward to hearing from you.
If offered the post, appropriate checks will be carried out prior to your start date. These checks will include (but are not limited to) a full DBS check.
We are completely committed to safeguarding the welfare of our students. Those who work for us are expected to share this commitment, which will be fully tested as part of the selection process. Our policies, procedures and practices reflect our commitment to equality and diversity. Individuals will be selected for appointment based purely on their suitability for the post.