The Mead Educational Trust (TMET) is a growing partnership of primary and secondary schools situated in the East Midlands. The Trust draws its educational excellence from the established track record of the high quality education provision of Rushey Mead Academy, the Trust's convertor academy.
TMET provides its academies access to a world-class education network and staff with an employer providing high quality professional development. We are committed to ensuring each academy enables every pupil to achieve the very best. We believe that together we make a positive difference.
Rushey Mead Academy is a thriving, oversubscribed, diverse and happy school with a long history of success. We have been rated by Ofsted as outstanding since 2007 and became one of the first Teaching Schools in 2011.
Teacher of English
One year, fixed term
Start Date: April
Job ref: ENG21
We are seeking to appoint subject experts and enthusiasts to join our successful English department to teach at key stage 3 and 4.
• education is valued by students and families;
• results in English have been significantly above national averages for many years;
• the academy’s progress 8 score significantly above average at +1.0 for two consecutive years and ranked in the top 5% Nationally;
• there is a strong academic ethos and high expectations of students;
• the Professional Learning of teachers and development of their subject knowledge is a priority;
• behaviour management systems are centralised and teachers are enabled to flourish.
The academy is well placed to offer a comprehensive support package to NQTs from all routes into teaching, including PGCE, SCITT and Schools Direct. Both new and established teachers will be supported and encouraged to develop their practice by engaging in the numerous opportunities to collaborate share ideas with colleagues within our Professional Learning programme.
The successful candidate will be required to undertake an Enhanced DBS Disclosure check.
How to apply
If you are interested in this post, please read the Applicant pack for instructions on how to apply.
Please see the documents listed below, which may assist you in making your application:
• Applicant Pack
• Job Description
• Application and Recruitment Process document
Closing date: Tuesday 23 February 2021
Proposed interview date: Friday 26 February 2021
Rushey Mead Academy is committed to:
• safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment
• equal opportunities and equal value for staff and students, prevention of discrimination in its many forms
NO AGENCIES or CV’s PLEASE
We are committed to keeping children and young people safe from harm and abuse and to promoting their welfare, and we expect that everyone who comes to work for us will share the same commitment. Fulfilling this responsibility includes making sure that our recruitment process includes a range of measures to identify those who may be unsuitable to work with children and young people.
In addition, all roles within the school/college are covered by the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975, and are subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. These posts may also be subject to further DBS re-checks at appropriate intervals. Further information about what the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975 means for applicants is provided on the Application Form. Please note that having a criminal record is not an automatic bar from working with us: whether or not your criminal record has a bearing on the post you have applied for will be carefully considered as part of the recruitment process. This may involve a discussion with yourself about the circumstances and background to your offences