Teacher of English
Job start: September 2021
Closing date: Tuesday 18th May at 4.00pm
Interviews to be held: w/c 24th May 2021
Salary: Teacher Mainscale range £25,714 - £36,961
Contract type: Full Time
Contract term: Permanent
We are looking to appoint an outstanding, creative and inspirational English teacher to contribute fully to the future development of our expanding department at the academy. You will have the ability to teach English to Key Stage 3, Key stage 4 and preferably Key Stage 5.
If you are able to motivate all students to achieve or exceed their target grades, if you are passionate about English, have an interest in being at the cutting edge and are driven to ensure students receive the best possible experience, then this job is for you. We are a collaborative, large department where all students in the academy are entered for GCSE English Language and Literature. Teamwork is at the centre of everything that we do.
You will be joining an excellent faculty that has a relentless focus on raising achievement. This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced teacher.
The successful candidate will:
● Raise achievement through motivating, challenging and inspiring our students;
● Have a commitment to inclusion;
● Help foster a culture of high expectations and achievement within the department;
● Have drive, enthusiasm, resilience, warmth and humour.
● Have opportunities to contribute to the wider life and ethos of the Academy
● Already possess or be working towards QTS (Qualified Teacher Status)
We can offer you:
● The opportunity to join a supportive and large English department where all students in KS3 and 4 study the subject;
● The future potential to be involved in an exciting and popular English Literature A-level;
● An innovative, current and engaging curriculum, grounded in a diverse and interesting reading culture;
● The opportunity to join an aspiring academy with exciting plans for the future;
● An excellent NQT programme;
● A data rich environment focused on raising standards.
Our young people deserve nothing less than the best, so if you can be the best then we would like to hear from YOU!
Ormiston Forge is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment.
Suitability checks will be undertaken including identity, Right To Work, qualifications, Prohibition check, two references and enhanced DBS check including Children’s Barred List.
Ormiston Forge Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.