Required for September 2021: Full time, fixed term for one year
An opportunity has arisen to join this successful, thriving 11-18 mixed comprehensive school in which pupils have very positive attitudes towards their learning and are supported fully in all aspects of wellbeing. We are an Innovation School and are proud to once again be categorised as “Green”.
At Bassaleg we prioritise the development of outstanding learning and teaching alongside wellbeing; both lie at the very heart of our ethos. In an environment in which all members of the school community are cared for, valued and listened to, we support and challenge our students to aspire to be the very best that they can be; enabling them to be responsible, capable and ambitious citizens. We have the highest expectations of our pupils and staff; we are very proud of pupils’ attainment across all key stages and of the dynamic and supportive learning community we have created.
At an exciting time in Welsh Education, we pride ourselves on being able to provide an inspired, creative and ambitious curriculum for all of our learners. Anyone choosing to join our school community would be rewarded with extensive Professional Learning opportunities; our friendly team of highly skilled and enthusiastic staff are supported by motivated pupils and an active body of parents and Governors. 21st century schools’ money recently awarded to Bassaleg School will also result in significant improvement to our current facilities across a very large site in coming months; thus ensuring that our environment and resources fully reflect the innovation and creativity within our curriculum and dynamic pedagogical approaches.
This is an exciting opportunity for an exceptional candidate who will work within the AOLE of Literacy, Language and Communication and have the opportunity to be part of exciting and evolving curriculum pathways for learners across all key stages.
We welcome applications from candidates who:
• will be passionate about the teaching of English and creating a dynamic, creative and purposeful learning environment for all pupils and staff within his/her team;
• will be able to demonstrate a track record of generating and sustaining positive change and impact as a teacher;
• will be an excellent communicator with first-class interpersonal skills; is approachable on both a professional and personal level;
• will be committed to a culture of continuous school improvement and actively engaged in current research as part of his/her own Professional Learning Journey;
• have an outstanding creative classroom style which will motivate, empower and inspire colleagues in all aspects of teaching and learning and encourage them to take risks;
• are reflective; have the highest expectations of themselves and those around them;
• have a “can do” positive attitude towards innovation and change.
Please apply on line below and contact the Headteacher’s PA: Miss Amy Hortin should you have any questions about the post.
Bassaleg School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.
We are legally obliged to ask you to provide evidence of your right to work in the UK. If you are invited to interview, you will be asked to provide appropriate documents such as your full birth certificate/passport/work permit in accordance with the Asylum and Immigration Act 1996.
This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (1974) and a comprehensive screening process will be undertaken on all applicants. This will include an enhanced check with the Disclosure and Barring Service.