Teacher of English
Required from September 2021
Full time, Temporary fixed term contract (1 year)
The Headteacher and governors are seeking to appoint an outstanding teacher of English to teach across Key stage 3 and 4. As part of the role the successful candidate will also teach small size intervention groups to promote, develop and improve literacy levels of pupils.
This is a very exciting opportunity to join a popular and successful area of the school. Over recent years results at GCSE in English Language and Literature have consistently been in the top quartile of similar schools, with increasing numbers of students continuing to study English at A Level. We are also very proud that nearly all our children, including those in our specialist teaching facility achieve a GCSE qualification.
This is an exciting opportunity to play an important role in Morriston. As an inclusive school we understand that children’s confidence and progress in literacy and reading has been adversely affected by the Covid pandemic and we want to support our children in our drive to inspire, engage and achieve.
This position would suit an NQT or a more experienced teacher looking for a new challenge.
In return Morriston Comprehensive School can offer:-
• An ambitious and improving school;
• The opportunity to work in a supportive department;
• An excellent and supportive NQT / new teacher induction programme.
• An aspirational, supportive senior leadership team and Governing body;
• A 22 million pound state of the art learning environment, with a dedicated suite of English teaching rooms all with interactive Genie boards:
• A safe, caring environment where respect and consideration is taught, established and valued by all;
• Continuous professional learning opportunities
• Friendly, dedicated and well trained staff who are committed to doing their best for students every day;
• Innovative teachers, keen to network and take risks with new ideas and strategies;
• Opportunities to develop and grow your career in an environment that values and supports initiative and a growth mindset;
• A great location, less than 5 minutes off junction 45 of the M4.
The CLOSING DATE for receipt of completed applications is 9am on Monday 9th August 2021, with interviews provisionally scheduled for Monday 16th August.
The successful applicant will be expected to undergo an enhanced disclosure check with the Disclosure and Barring Service prior to commencing employment, together with an employee health questionnaire.
This post, due to its nature, duties and responsibilities, will be subject to an Enhanced Level DBS check. Should you have any queries in relation to this check by the DBS, please contact the Employee Services Helpdesk on 01792 636098, The Guildhall, Swansea or visit the DBS website www.homeoffice.gov.uk/agencies-public-bodies/dbs/
Please note that DBS certificates are not portable and disclosures processed outside of the City and County of Swansea will not be accepted.